0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Nice Fluffy, you mentioned you had just 3 slides made for this summer and that you wouldn't need moreWell now with this new one made i guess you have 4 ?
This slide trace is about 80cm long.I will use this of the beach.Since it this short it would go down easier.For the rest of the protection i will use 120pd or more above the stop ring of about 1.5m long.and the leader tied directly to the cable.Both cable knots are done with double overhand knots within each other.tag ends wrapped around steel for nice finish.
Nice tracedont you ever get cut off when you tie your leader onto it that way?ive found that double back to back figure 8s are the best for me atleast...
I have to agree to some extent with Stef. 400lb just seems a bit excessive for KZN beaches and points tho in the Kei or somewhere like Robberg I would definately use it. Just my idiot opinion. One question tho. Why do you choose to snell the bottom hook? I found it much easier to do a flemish eye knot and crimp than to snell since those wraps tend to unravel at the precise moment you feed it thru the eye