Author Topic: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda  (Read 7557 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:48:07 PM »
Has you probably seen on my previous reports I recently had some nice days coastal trolling and shore casting on North Angola.

Great Cubera Snapper, Great Cob, Great Corvina, but......


I'm fed up!!!


I do not wan't to troll, I miss my popping and jigging action and cold season is still here :-(


I miss my Dorado popping, I've decided this next the season is for YFT popping and I miss jigging for Amberjack a lot.

Looked at the forecasts





And it's saying "Go North and troll for Cubera, Cob and Corvina"

I know you don't fish what you wan't but what the sea allows you, but....., What the heck, I WANT JIGGING!!!!!!!!


So I decided to go South and invited my friends Julio and Gika, Julio is an usual on my boat and knew what he was coming for.


As the guys that fish with me know when I go fishing It's never about fishing but it's allway about having fun on the water and I told them we are not going fishing we are going to try have fun so please be patient and hang on.


We schedule meeting at Luanda Nautico boat clube at 5:45AM just before sunrise at 6:11AM

At 6:10 AM we were leaving Luanda Port heading South.


After 36 miles we find this guys also looking for fish





If water temp was a bit higher I would have stopped there and waited for the Tuna feed, but at 19ºC water temp I went on South


After 60 miles South we found some local fisherman and exchanged info, they told me they need some help in finding a rocky area for bottom fishing and showed us some of their previous catches, we were suprised to find a cod there





This guys also come from 60 miles Luanda to fish here just after river Kwanza and I decided to help them out, sounded around and


found a rocky area where Gika got on a jig what we call in Portuguese a fish "espada"





Told the local fisherman where they should place their boat and leaved the spot sounding for new areas.


Found another rocky area and got this beautifull very small grouper




Moved on sounding other areas and got several of this "carapau vermelho"








Found a Moon fish and saw a lot of whales





On another spot Gika got our own cod fish on a jig





I got this tiny guys





And also this ones





We all got some "Rascassos"





another beautifull small grouper





And finally some proper action, I'm geting rusty this guy was killing me





After a 15 minutes fight a fatish Amberjack on a pink jig





We had a triple strike but Julio and Gika lost their fish.


This was the spot we wanted to find, a couple more drifts and finally Julio gets some proper action






25 minutes fight and another fat Amberjack.





One more drift and here I am fighting another AJ, this time I recovered my usual jigging form :-)





Another not so big but suprisingly fat AJ





Feeding stopped and we call it a day arriving at Luanda just around the sunset







Another jigging fun day on the water had ended and after a +120 miles trip we all arrived at Luanda port with a smile on our faces :-)

 

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 11:56:56 PM »
I like Julio's t-shirt!!!!

Great stuff fedu!
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Tsutsuma

  • Guest
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 01:28:23 AM »
Hey fedu
Great pictures man
Please post a picture where I can see your boat
I am very interested
Tell me - is it normal for the sea to be that FLAT??
I have never been to Launda before
Thanks
Carlos
}<(((*>

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:19:40 AM »
Great report Fedu! Fantastic stuff ... keep them coming.

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen a sea as flat as that... like a mirror!!

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 07:43:59 AM »
Brilliant.  :ayb

Thise pics are too nice and make me jelous, I think you should be banned for posting them.  :crzy

Tsutsuma

  • Guest
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 07:47:15 AM »
Brilliant.  :ayb

Thise pics are too nice and make me jelous, I think you should be banned for posting them.  :crzy
Good Morning Mike
How are you = any charters this week for you??
Stunning pix out of Angola.
Check out the MOTORS & HP he has there on his boat!!!!!
500 HP my Brother!!
Nice Nice
"PUT FOOT EK SE!!"
Carlos
}<(((*>

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:36:18 AM »
some nice fish there. I love the diversity

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 10:23:45 AM »
Hey fedu
Great pictures man
Please post a picture where I can see your boat
I am very interested
Tell me - is it normal for the sea to be that FLAT??
I have never been to Launda before
Thanks
Carlos
}<(((*>

Now on "Caçimbo" we don't get much wind and yes sea get's that flat.

We only get rougher days on the water when there is "Calemas" and afternoon wind chop during summer.

Cold season is the time to really strecht your fishing range because sea get's this calm lot's of times.

Here is a pic of my boat at Nautico boat club marina



It's a 28ft Concept Boat, LOA 30ft, Deep V hull, 16 years old that I repowered with 2x250 HP Suzukis some time ago.

It's mainly a fun offshore speeding boat, it's top speed is something around 55 mph (+-85Kmh) and I usually cruise around on fuel economy mode at 35/40mph (57/64Kmh)

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
2 x 500Hp? Are you serious.................................. :geet

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 10:39:12 AM »
You mean 2 x 250 HP suzies?!  :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Come on now, fedu... We want to see the NEW boat! not the old one!!!! When is she arriving?

 
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »
Sorry guys typo error.

New boat, you will see it when eventually I get first blood on it  :hehe:

Not in a hurry I'm fishing every weekend either in my boat or in friends boats

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 10:55:35 AM »
Ok... just tell me this then... has she arrived in Luanda, yet?
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Navin

  • Guest
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 11:04:35 AM »
Hi Fedu
Nice boat excellant report as always .Those colors on those fish are awesome. :tite

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »
FEDU fantastic and thanks. The AJ's are they normally this fat during this part of your season?

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Sunrise to Sunset Jigging Luanda
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
Awesome stuff Fedu! Well done there are some beautiful fish there!  (clap)

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal