Author Topic: Semi-decent bottoms  (Read 3922 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aquadementia

  • Spineless
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 65
  • Cred: -9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jeffreys Bay
Semi-decent bottoms
« on: August 28, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
Woke up to a blowing westerly, but anyway we went out and hit a lumpy easterly swell as we exited the harbour...
 
  Took a while to get to our intended spot, did a drift and one gurnard  was caught. Moved on a bit and I got a 40cm santer. A nice one but  nothing special... I also got 5 nice blue hottentot, apparently they  make good eating...
 
  We moved again and again I was into the hotties, in the mean time my dad caught an octopus. I taxed it 3 legs and put it back.
 
  Oom Eric and Hendrik doubled up on nice fish, Oom Eric getting a +-3kg  Miss Lucy and Hendrik a 3kg Carpenter, the biggest I've seen in a very  long time.
 
  Here Tannie Hettie displays the Miss Lucy
 
 
  Hendrik with his catch
 
 
   On with the octopus legs for a miss lucy and my dad goes VAS, this  thing is fighting hard with big head shakes, leading me to believe it  was a lucy.
 
  Turns out it was the biggest Santer I've ever seen! Didnt measure it but it weighed in @ 3.45kg
 
 
  There were birds diving + going crazy all around us and bonnies  smashing randomly but we didnt have 1 appropriate lure on the boat. All  I had was a sabiki which I caught a shad on :)
 
  And then the wind really started blowing, took an hour to get back to Port St. Francis @ 7 knots

 
  shad=32cm
 
  P.S. - I really miss my spheros + beastmaster combo, getting new setup this coming week I think
 

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Semi-decent bottoms
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »
Nice fishing AD!

yacoob

  • Guest
Re: Semi-decent bottoms
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 07:39:39 AM »
i'm so jealous right now........... nice going aqua, and lekker reporting :tite

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Semi-decent bottoms
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 08:02:56 AM »
lol you just had to mention the shad was 32cm.   Some nice fish those...especially in context of that shad. Goos stuff :-)

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: Semi-decent bottoms
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »
Good report, nice fish. Thanks for sharing  (clap)

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Semi-decent bottoms
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »
Great stuff Chris, there are some awesome fish there!!!!

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Semi-decent bottoms
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »
Good ctches their Aqua. I bet they tasted just as good.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal