Author Topic: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley  (Read 31343 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »
Hi UA - I need some help please I want to ceonvert the Golf trolley to a beach trolley Sheldom M Show a trolley but there is no detail as what he did. Here is some of the pictures taken of the trolley - I already dismantle some of the
goodies - the bottom iron rod is loose and can be removed again - (it hold the trolley in current position)

Offline isivuba

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1671
  • Cred: 265
  • Gender: Male
  • Work pays for the fishing trips
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
First I would take the wheels off and add some of these in the link :hnthnt: . They are a bit expensive but they may just work.
http://www.beachwheelssouthafrica.com/

Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »
Thanks for the advise. I don't think i will have a problem with the wheels - how do I modify the trolley so that fishing tackle and small cooler box will fit at the bottom  ?

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
Easiest way....
Holes through a box and cable ties !

If you want it permanent, rivet some cross pieces of aluminium and rivet the box to it.
Place cooler on too with bunji cords or velcro straps

Offline kevf

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 677
  • Cred: 19
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: underberg,kzn
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 05:24:30 AM »
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=14941.0
have a look at this thread, might help
its cruiser country

Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 07:53:47 AM »
Thanks for the info - I took the bottom iron rod off and move the bottom part around.
Look like i have to drill 2 holes to make the bottom part fixed ()Close to the wheels - This is how the bottom part will look -
Holes not drilled yet

Sheldon M

  • Guest
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 08:18:09 AM »
Yeah thats waht i did ,took that sliding bar thing loose and moved it back ,the top shelf supports i drilled out and reversed them to face up ,cable tied box etc to it .will try show on the pics later.,but those wheels dont work on sand ,waiting for the hardware store to get some balloon type wheels


Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »
I think you will need much broader wheels. Under any weight those look like they will dig into soft sand

Sheldon M

  • Guest
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »
I removed bolts A and drilled holes at B and moved the "arms" back this provides more space on the lower "shelf" for a chiller.
I removed poprivets C and reversed these suports to D ,they get in the way of the chiller,A boat battery box fits perfectly on this "shelf"

Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 08:49:26 AM »
Thanks Sheldon ! - I was looking for contact info on your site before I open the topic but could not find any

I think the wheels will be fine on the beach -  Will test it as soon as I'm going to the coast again
Picture of the wheels

Sheldon M

  • Guest
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »
Thanks Sheldon ! - I was looking for contact info on your site before I open the topic but could not find any

I think the wheels will be fine on the beach -  Will test it as soon as I'm going to the coast again
Picture of the wheels


No ,wheels dont work ,tested mine with a chiller half full of sand just sinks,I put on double wheels and the problem with that is you have to pull in a 100%straight line as the wheels drag,the optimal wheel seems to be a soft balloon type
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:02:31 AM by Sheldon M »

Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »
Any pictures of wheels that will work on the beach ? -

Offline Kent

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 836
  • Cred: 72
  • Gender: Male
  • Gonubie
  • Location: Gonubie
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
 :hnthnt: ..I find my feet work the best..........
Just GO FISH!!!


Sheldon M

  • Guest
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 09:21:38 AM »
:hnthnt: ..I find my feet work the best..........


Legend has it that Hobbits DO have Larger feet than normal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,work like snow shoes :geet

Offline Kent

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 836
  • Cred: 72
  • Gender: Male
  • Gonubie
  • Location: Gonubie
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »
 :corrct: Here you go......get these...
Just GO FISH!!!


Offline Kent

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 836
  • Cred: 72
  • Gender: Male
  • Gonubie
  • Location: Gonubie
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 09:23:21 AM »
:hnthnt: ..I find my feet work the best..........


Legend has it that Hobbits DO have Larger feet than normal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,work like snow shoes :geet
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :rotfl ..Like I said.....my feet work best!!
Just GO FISH!!!


Sheldon M

  • Guest
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:14 AM »
:corrct: Here you go......get these...


Yep they da boss local hardware store had them for R150 each but supplier went bang they are trying to resource them

Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »
Thanks for the picture does the wheels fit in the shaft ? Or do I need to put in some kind of bushes in like the lawn mover wheels ?

Sheldon M

  • Guest
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
Thanks for the picture does the wheels fit in the shaft ? Or do I need to put in some kind of bushes in like the lawn mover wheels ?


Not quite sure about the ones they have on order ,will keep you posted,

Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Re: Convert Golf trolley to beach trolley
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »
Thanks Sheldon


 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal