Author Topic: I wanna be a Billionaire…………………………..  (Read 4352 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
I wanna be a Billionaire…………………………..
« on: August 21, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »
So I woke up extra early this morning and I swear there were Polar Bears lurking around in my garden because it was 5 deg. C and all I was wearing was my fishing shorts, shirt and a pair of crocs. My feet were curling into the little bit of material that the footwear had.

The highlight of the day was when driving down my mountain to the city; I was listening to “I wanna be a Billionaire….” and it was about then that the heater in the car started having an effect and warming my frozen toes.

As far as the fishing went the there were so many Hammerhead sharks around today the NE wind was howling at its best and there was a big swell, when collecting live bait we did well with plenty Mackerel, Mozzies and Shad around, as for the fishing we caught several Hammerhead Sharks, one was at least 80kg; 2 Albatrosses and a Petrel who gave me a solid nip. Whilst drifting we got a **** slap wave (a wave that slaps the side of the boat and wets everyone inside) and on the way back the bow went right through a large wave creating a tunnel of water which then collapsed on all of us onboard.

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: I wanna be a Billionaire…………………………..
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:52:27 PM »
Sorry to hear about it, FA... summer is just around the corner...
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: I wanna be a Billionaire…………………………..
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 09:16:59 PM »
Sorry to hear about it, FA... summer is just around the corner...

I can't wait..... Gamefish again.

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: I wanna be a Billionaire…………………………..
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:14:03 AM »
A day full of Chills and thrills. Mike is the hammers seasonal for this time of the year, a normal occurrence?

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: I wanna be a Billionaire…………………………..
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 10:34:14 AM »
A day full of Chills and thrills. Mike is the hammers seasonal for this time of the year, a normal occurrence?

Hammerhead season in Durban is 24/7/365, but I think it is really bad because of the Sardines

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: I wanna be a Billionaire…………………………..
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 10:40:21 AM »
Hammerhead season in Durban is 24/7/365, but I think it is really bad because of the Sardines
I remember in Feb we had a hammer on of about 60kg and ended up with just the head as the others chowed it. Just incredible at times. This was at Umdloti on the Couta marks.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal