Hiya Guys.
Finally a fishing report.
My Brother In Law asked if we could take his 7 year old nephew fishing - it was on his bucket list before he goes to the big pond in the sky.

The little guy is in need of a bone marrow transplant -desperately and his chances aren't looking good at all.
So, decision made, yesterday is the last day he will have for three months as his Chemo starts again this week
All packed up and off we go to Footloose, about 10 of us.
We set the kids up at the bottom dam and we fish
I spent the morning with little Jaden and good grief, this little guy can't shut up Wow

Oom - how many fish are in the dam?
Oom - I don't think they like strawberries
Oom, are they still asleep?
Oom, why don't they want to play with us?
Oom, oom oom oom oom oom ?????

He tested my knowledge -and my opinions on life the universe and everything - what a guy

We'll finally I can proudly say the little guy caught - by himself and brute of a 5kg carp.
He made the mieliebol nice and round and the oom put it on. He picked some caramel flavored dough, and oom helped him put it on.
He pointed to the spot and I hit it - 5m from the side - he he he
While we were discussing the possibility of all fish having left the planet - the Big Guy put a 5kg carp on the hook and it was chaos.
I handed the rod to Jaden - then handed Jaden and the rod to my Brother in Law - the combo was headed to the water on that first run.
About the chaos - everybody jumped up and cheered and crowded the little guy during this epic battle - when you only weigh about 14kg, a 5kg opponent is HUGE. Finally we calmed the crowds and gave him a little space.
He brought him in and we corralled it onto the bank and then for some serious high fives.
About 4 mommies, aunties, niggies and an uncle tried desperately to hide a tear, but with no success.
Well done little MAN - you did great and he proudly ticked a big fish off of his bucket list.
I'm unfortunately still waiting for a pick of the little guy and will post it soonest.
However - as reliable as a Rolex watch, but with less than half than fanfare, AneldaH just reminded her Dad who's the boss at the water.Well done girl.
I'll post Jaden's pics as soon as I get them.
P.S. - if you guys every want to help children with cancer - think of the parents and the difficulties they face. The kids are fine, they know what they have, but the parents of these kids and the means they have are stretched far beyond the limits of any normal person or family.