Author Topic: Handy Bait Elastic Holder  (Read 22021 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 11:55:47 AM »
have some Cred Hermann .


This will be very handy on a boat/Kayak too .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 12:07:07 PM »
 :tkx: I got tired of my elastic falling in the sand or water and it looks like this will solve the problem. I know the clip will rust eventually but it is not expensive and can be replaced without a hassle. 

Offline Fish - n - Chicks

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 102
  • Cred: 12
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Richards Bay
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 03:44:43 PM »
 :billf: Great idea thanks for sharing, This will come in very handy  :win:
Good things come to those who bait.

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 06:27:11 PM »
Thanks guys. I will give it a go but don't think I'll win with such a simple idea.  :blush:


I reckon the beauty is in exactly that... awesome simplicity. Nice one SA
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Gregf

  • Guest
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 07:54:46 PM »
Thank you for sharing, great idea :corrct: :clwn

Offline Allie

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 141
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bluff, Durban
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 08:23:19 PM »
Thanx for sharing. Like to see which tackle shop will steal the idea and sell it off as their own.

Offline PH

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2492
  • Cred: 259
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pringle Bay
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 05:59:47 AM »
I made one after seeing yours in December at Plett.
Really works well, thanks Hermann!!
We civilise left,  we civilise right
Till nothing is left and nothing is right
"Paint your wagon"

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 07:05:52 AM »
Nice idea Hermann!
 
Now can somebody perhaps share, where can one get of that better quality slightly thicker latex rubber elastic used as binding for bait like the one's Homie usues?
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline shagnrelease

  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »
you can email your idea to etienne@stywelyne.net just got it out of the nov 2012 issue
Not sure if there will be any response to this mail address, I think Etienne Kriel passed away earlier this year.

Offline LUPO

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 397
  • Cred: 31
  • He is watching you!
  • Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 09:02:22 AM »
Thanks guys. I will give it a go but don't think I'll win with such a simple idea.  :blush:

Great idea SAfish!  :+ cred:

The guy that patented the idea of a tourch on a cell, phone probably also thought it was also "too simple".  I am sure at the moment the hardest job he has, is getting out of bed in the morning.
The LORD is not interested in what you have done or doing. HE is only interested in what you are BECOMING!

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 09:06:40 AM »
Nice idea Hermann!
 
Now can somebody perhaps share, where can one get of that better quality slightly thicker latex rubber elastic used as binding for bait like the one's Homie usues?

any Tackle store Tops...Its in a brownish old pill bottle.. costs about 30/40 bucks

Offline deezynking

  • Ultimate Chancer
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 930
  • Cred: 15
  • Gender: Male
  • Feeesshhhhh
  • Location: durban kzn
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »
 :+ cred: :+ cred:  Awesome Idea  :tkx:

Offline colin

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 752
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kelland , Randburg
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 10:51:42 AM »
 :win: what a great idea . Making one today. :toppie:
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 11:00:43 AM »
:win: what a great idea . Making one today. :toppie:
I'm glad you liked it.  w;k

Offline shaunyboy

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban, South Africa
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 11:36:31 AM »
 :happ: My elsatic is always getting lost and i know at 30 some odd bucks a pop I hate loosing them
 
shot for this idea will most definately put into use this afternoon.  (clap) (clap) :resp: :+ cred:

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
:happ: My elsatic is always getting lost and i know at 30 some odd bucks a pop I hate loosing them
 
shot for this idea will most definately put into use this afternoon.  (clap) (clap) :resp: :+ cred:
:tkx: This was my problem as well and I used to drop it in the sand which just made the whole thing a mess. Since I made this "clip" I have not lost one and it stays clean and is always handy at your bait station.

Offline Bwana

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 916
  • Cred: 206
  • Gender: Male
  • Deep Blue Addict
  • Location: Shelly Beach, KZN
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 12:47:12 PM »
Brilliant!  (clap)

Offline Bigben

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 124
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 01:06:24 PM »
Brilliant idea..
 
The only change I'l make is a butterfly nut to easily change the cotton on the beach..
No spanner needed..
 :udman:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:19:00 PM by Bigben »

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 01:18:30 PM »
Brilliant idea..
 
The only change I'l make is a butterfly but to easily change the cotton on the beach..
No spanner needed..
 :udman:
:tkx: True, and you are right, it will be easier to change the cotton on the beach if you use a wing nut. The reason I used a lock nut is it ensures that it does not come undone over time because you have to leave some play for the cotton's spool to spin freely. It is also easier to check that you have enough cotton on there before you go fishing. 

Offline Nooduck

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 275
  • Cred: 14
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Fourways Johannesburg
Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 07:09:27 PM »
Great idea, Thank you  :+ cred:

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal