Author Topic: Doornkop Fish and Wildlife Estate 29July-2August  (Read 3548 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Doornkop Fish and Wildlife Estate 29July-2August
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:53:19 AM »
Ok,

I had to postpone this report because I caught NOTHING.

There, I said it, it's over. First time in my life this has happened to me.

Fact is we had a lovely time. The place is beautiful, the accommodation was 4 star.

We saw all the wildlife ever imaginable inlcuding: (Excuse the afrikaans here)

blesbokke
Blou wildebeeste
Zebras
Vlakvarke
Rooihart beeste
Takbokke
Rooibokke
Waterbokke
Duikers
Steenbokke

 

The other guests all caught a lot of trout, mostly rainbows, but I did see a brown or 2.

I was the only guest fishing the trophy dam in my float tube all weekend, but I got nothing all weekend.

The other guys were fishing the other 8 dams which are stocked bi-weekly (Not my scene !).

So all in all I will definitely go there again!

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Doornkop Fish and Wildlife Estate 29July-2August
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:13:06 AM »
No luck Jaen! But glad that you still enjoyed yourself...  :sml:

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal