Author Topic: Durban Harbour - Tips and Tricks  (Read 7350 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaun17

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1614
  • Cred: 262
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Durban Harbour - Tips and Tricks
« on: August 13, 2015, 05:22:48 PM »
With the weather being so k*K lately I'm wanting to take the lighties fishing in the harbour. What I know about fishing in the harbour is dangerous...

Anyone who can help out with tackle suggestions, spots, bait, etc, would be most appreciated.

 :tkx:

Offline isivuba

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1671
  • Cred: 265
  • Gender: Male
  • Work pays for the fishing trips
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Durban Harbour - Tips and Tricks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 05:33:43 PM »
Think Ziggy can help here?

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Durban Harbour - Tips and Tricks
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 05:43:01 PM »
Shaun - call me - see PM for number

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: Durban Harbour - Tips and Tricks
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »
I'm not sure, but don't you need a special permit, ferrymans licence?
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline Shaun17

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1614
  • Cred: 262
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: Durban Harbour - Tips and Tricks
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 06:40:52 PM »
Shaun - call me - see PM for number

Thanks Stelios, will give you a call in the morning if that's ok

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Durban Harbour - Tips and Tricks
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »
No problem.  I will be on the water from about 9.30

Offline dugong

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Cred: 54
  • Location: Durban - Warmwater country!!
Re: Durban Harbour - Tips and Tricks
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 08:37:29 AM »
Last year this time a lot of Garrick came out around the banks on live bait, one of my contractors caught and released plenty, not sure if they are around now but it could be worth trying.
I used to fish the bay a lot years ago but almost always at night for grunter, best spot was doing drifts near the coal appliance area :-)
Just Fish!!!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal