Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
FW Fishing reports and Competitions
»
Fishing in the okakvango
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Fishing in the okakvango (Read 5122 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Reef Inmate
REEF INMATE
Member
Posts: 48
Cred: 3
Gender:
Location: Joburg
Fishing in the okakvango
«
on:
August 10, 2011, 07:28:27 AM »
I am working on a two year contract in Maun, Botswana. There is not much to do here so every bit of time off we go fishing. The main species here are Bream, African Pike, Barbel and further up, Tiger fish. I fished the bream classic up the Okavango river in Shakawe. Was hopping for the Zambezi classic but i cant go this year, maybe next year. I will be going to the barbel run in September Instead of writing the same stories and posting pics on all the different forums I am on I started a blog that one can follow, with stories and pics of my fishing adventures while in Botswana.
http://theafricanangler.blogspot.com/
«
Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:29:27 AM by Reef Inmate
»
Logged
LvZ
Zetti
Retired
Posts: 0
Cred: 0
Gender:
Re: Fishing in the okakvango
«
Reply #1 on:
August 10, 2011, 07:35:09 AM »
I used to travel all over africa, desert regions, so no such luck for me. Being able to fish when not working must make it more enjoyable.
Enjoy the barbel run. The tigers are also very active during the barbel run if i'm not mistaken?
Logged
Reef Inmate
REEF INMATE
Member
Posts: 48
Cred: 3
Gender:
Location: Joburg
Re: Fishing in the okakvango
«
Reply #2 on:
August 10, 2011, 07:39:28 AM »
Yeah that's the reason I'm going to the barbel run, apparently the tigers are wild, chasing the barbel.
Logged
LvZ
Zetti
Retired
Posts: 0
Cred: 0
Gender:
Re: Fishing in the okakvango
«
Reply #3 on:
August 10, 2011, 07:45:05 AM »
We are doing a 2 week Botswana - Caprivi trip next year end of August, begining of September. When does the barbel run start usually?
Logged
Reef Inmate
REEF INMATE
Member
Posts: 48
Cred: 3
Gender:
Location: Joburg
Re: Fishing in the okakvango
«
Reply #4 on:
August 10, 2011, 08:40:20 PM »
Normally around the end of August. There are reports of small shoals of barbel already. Ill be there in a few weeks
Logged
LvZ
sardinella
Ultimate member
Posts: 735
Cred: 24
Gender:
I like to spinfish
Location: St Lucia, KZN
Re: Fishing in the okakvango
«
Reply #5 on:
August 10, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
"o k*K, van go" 'n vis
Logged
williamc
Guest
Re: Fishing in the okakvango
«
Reply #6 on:
September 29, 2011, 01:06:58 PM »
Hi
I am working at Orapa until end November and would like to get in some fishing in the Okavango. Do you have any suggestions regarding place to stay boat hire etc.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
FW Fishing reports and Competitions
»
Fishing in the okakvango
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal