Author Topic: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA  (Read 24114 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2017, 01:53:34 PM »
Here are a couple photos.


Me, fishing Cape Vidal (the wind was really hard and blew from the sea. I got out on the rock in the background and got drenched. A couple of bites but no hook ups.


A turtle -hook-up. My first turtle ever  (clap)  BTW You guys have the same problem as in US. The handle on the wrong side of the reel  w;k


Great wild-life experience. Cheetah family with cubs. Mountain Zebra NP. It was really worth the hustle - communicating ,booking and confirming was really problematic but the NP was great.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »
Beautiful!

Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2017, 03:21:39 PM »
    Awesome !!

 


Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
Here are some more


Not allowed to fish here (by wifey)


Cheetah cub MZNP


Want to hook one of these!!!!










Offline hrogers

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 631
  • Cred: 25
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kriel - Mpumalanga
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2017, 10:33:12 AM »
Stunning !!

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »
Fishing on the (l)edge - got drenshed a couple of times  :-)


THE KING


Unreal colors


Offline Waars_die_Vis

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boland
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
Hi guys


Am back in Sweden an it really sucks. Winter is here , cold , dark, depressing and no fishing until April 1st (when season on see-trout starts).



Post travel report coming....


First sorry it took such along time to report back. (Vacation is latin for postponement of work) I had a really hectic time when I got back.


Secondly , SA IS GREAT!! We had a marvelous time. Great nature , wonderful food, good wines plentiful of crafted beer and full of nice people WOW.


As for fishing I was a bit unlucky! It started out great did som fishing at Cape Vidal then a great day of St Lucia (caught plenty fish although unfamiliar with that fishing method )


Unfortunately this is when my luck run out.


While I was out fishing , my wife was out on her own looking at land based animals and was caught in a huge thunderstorm on her way back in the car. She was scared senseless and it was really bad timing that I had booked a water safari at Jozini dam day after - a very thin disguise for a Tiger fishing trip  :happ:


My wife saw through that one as soon as we rigged six rods.... :blush:  she was upset and I even got the blame for the thunderstorm the evening before .


WE agreed no more fishing for the rest of the trip (although I had good hopes she would soften). And due to a traffic accident and downpour we did not make it to Mazeppa Bay - which might have saved the marriage as I was booked with a guide there.


I got to fish a little in False Bay and in the Good Hope NP but without any success.


Find attached pictures of the two most notable fish I caught in SA.


Over and out


Mike


PS WE HAD A GREAT TIME IN SA


Mike


The wife was chasing the husband with a pan. All he could do to avoid the hiding was to go in under the bed. When she ordered him tot com out from under the bed he replied: I am the boss in this house, I may lay where I want  w;k


Thank for your report  (clap)

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »
Hi


Need some information :dunno:



Yesterday I got a speeding ticket sent to me by First Car Rental ( a company that I DO NOT RECOMMEND). It reads First Notice and should have been payed 23 January.
It is a SAR 200 fine but it does not say how to pay it??


How do I pay it?


What does happen if I do not pay it (it is not the money - lowest speed fine in Sweden is SEK 1500 ~SAR 3200- it is the husstle?


Best Regards


Mike






 

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2017, 08:52:12 AM »
In ny experience usually the car hire company takes it off your credit card and adds a hefty admin charge

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »
Not these guys. They take a hefty admin fee BUT leaves me to pay the fee! (bat
And the paycity website appear not to work being not SA citizen (although I had upload passport copy and all). :crzy


Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »
Nice fish, Visenvryheid!

Thank You for the offer but I succeeded in paying the fine.

Winter in Sweden right now but I will try to go fishing Friday. We heard a report that fishing is good in the largest lake in Sweden AND that there are areas that are ice free. It will be cold but weŽll try to use our bellyboats  :crzy



Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2017, 09:32:21 AM »
DonŽt know why the above post turned out that way.


I posted .


NICE FISH ,Veisenvryheid!


Thank You for the offer, but I payed it yesterday.


It is winter in Sweden, so I have not fished since SA :-(


BUT we heard reports of nice fishing in Varnen (the largest lake in Sweden) and that it is almost icefree. So on Friday weŽll try it in the bellyboats  :crzy

[/size][size=78%] [/size]

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal