ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: schloshd1 on February 27, 2011, 06:20:05 PM

Title: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: schloshd1 on February 27, 2011, 06:20:05 PM
A mate and I fished Dullies municipal dam this weekend. The fishing was great! Between us we caught around 35 trout over the weekend, all between 500g and 1.5kg. I got all my fish on olive aggrovaters, olive flashbacks and brown marabou buggers. My mate got almost all his fish on boobies. The fishing was especially good on Saturday, this morning was a bit slow.
Anvil Ale House in Dullies is definitely worth a  visit for their porters and German sausage platter.
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: WalkersKiller on February 27, 2011, 06:36:42 PM
Great to hear you guys caught a lot of fish!  :win: Any pics? Dullstroom is my favourite fly fishing destination!
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: schloshd1 on February 27, 2011, 06:41:38 PM
Thanks man. Here are a few pics. While I prefer the Vaal and Sterkies, I definitely enjoy the occasional trip to Dullies.
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: Herman Jooste on February 27, 2011, 07:35:46 PM
Good to hear the weekend went well.

That last pic is awesome.  :happ:

Have some cred.
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: schloshd1 on February 27, 2011, 07:43:48 PM
Thanks Herman, it was a great weekend even with dodgy sleeping arrangements on the first night (will explain next time I see you, some things do not belong on open forum . . .  w;k)

Ryan took that pic with my camera, it came out really well.
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: WalkersKiller on February 27, 2011, 08:29:32 PM
Nice pics bru! Congrats again  (clap)
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: Gerhard on February 27, 2011, 08:49:03 PM
Thanks man. Here are a few pics. While I prefer the Vaal and Sterkies, I definitely enjoy the occasional trip to Dullies.



That photos brings back a lot of good memories spend on that dam...

I have caught 100's of fish in that dam as a boy.

My only brown trout also comes out of that dam.

Need to get back there and spend some time on my float tube...

Good to hear the dam is still producing good catches ...   
 :appr:
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: schloshd1 on February 28, 2011, 06:02:48 AM


That photos brings back a lot of good memories spend on that dam...

I have caught 100's of fish in that dam as a boy.

My only brown trout also comes out of that dam.

Need to get back there and spend some time on my float tube...

Good to hear the dam is still producing good catches ...   
 :appr:

It was only the second time that I've fished that dam but I really enjoy it. Apparently they recently stocked around 350kg of browns although we did not get any.
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: Kumz on February 28, 2011, 07:59:44 AM
 :tkx: For sharing your experience .

I think i must make a road trip there ...  w;k
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: Rory on February 28, 2011, 08:22:09 AM
Nice Andrew! I'm sorry I couldn't make this one. Next time! :pray:
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: schloshd1 on February 28, 2011, 12:17:53 PM
Nice Andrew! I'm sorry I couldn't make this one. Next time! :pray:

Ja, too bad man. You missed the Friday night boxing match at the Poachers.
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: Gerhard on February 28, 2011, 12:27:59 PM
Ja, too bad man. You missed the Friday night boxing match at the Poachers.

Dullies local entertainment...   (bat  (bat
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: Rory on February 28, 2011, 12:37:28 PM
Ja, too bad man. You missed the Friday night boxing match at the Poachers.

Hell what a pity! :cry: I've almost forgotten what it feels like to swing a bar stool!
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: E.T. on February 28, 2011, 01:10:38 PM
My mate got almost all his fish on boobies.

And you told me that you didn't pack a girl? :hyst:
Sweet report, hopefully next time I would be lucky enough to get an invite too? :hnthnt:
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: Herman Jooste on February 28, 2011, 08:31:45 PM
And you told me that you didn't pack a girl? :hyst:
Sweet report, hopefully next time I would be lucky enough to get an invite too? :hnthnt:

Koos my friend, you are far to squeeky clean to spend a weekend with us reprobates, unless of course you are the "designated driver"  w;k :sml: :sml:

After all Rory has enough blackmail photies from the Badplaas trip to keep him in beer for a lifetime. Imagine two of you so suitably armed. :shk :shk :shk
Title: Re: Dullstrrom Municipal Dam Report Back
Post by: E.T. on March 01, 2011, 08:49:06 AM
Koos my friend, you are far to squeeky clean to spend a weekend with us reprobates, unless of course you are the "designated driver"  w;k :sml: :sml:

After all Rory has enough blackmail photies from the Badplaas trip to keep him in beer for a lifetime. Imagine two of you so suitably armed. :shk :shk :shk

My Oom Harry

As you should know by now, I do not need alcohol to get me going or to have a good time. I am crazy enough without the booze. Once in a while I will have a sip of something just to get the taste or feel thereof, but then thats it for me.

No use in drinking if you buy yourself a six pack of beer and drink yourself motherless and put the other 5 and a half beers back in the freezer.... duh
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal