ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => DIY Forum => Topic started by: SAfish on October 27, 2012, 04:30:11 PM

Title: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on October 27, 2012, 04:30:11 PM
Handy Bait Elastic Holder

What you will need:
1. 1 x Bull clip
2. 1 x Bolt and lock nut
3. your favourite bait elastic or cotton

This clip is very versatile and can be clipped to your bait board, chiller handle, bucket or your H-frame.

The photos below are pretty much self-explanatory.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on October 27, 2012, 04:31:21 PM
.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on October 27, 2012, 04:33:10 PM
.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: isivuba on October 27, 2012, 07:06:05 PM
brilliant idea!!!! Nice one SAFish :tkx: :+ cred:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: nazeem6401 on October 27, 2012, 08:37:37 PM
 :win: great stuff SA Fish can i copy it? I'm always dropping mine and losing it. :+ cred:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Fritz on October 27, 2012, 08:52:04 PM
Excelent plan you got their. You should enter it into the Tight Lines best intervention comp they have each month. (clap)
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: REEFMAN on October 28, 2012, 05:26:58 AM
Great idea Hermann!!  (clap)
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: John F on October 28, 2012, 05:40:20 AM
I like it! Great idea!
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on October 28, 2012, 06:48:03 AM
:win: great stuff SA Fish can i copy it? I'm always dropping mine and losing it. :+ cred:
That is the idea!

Thanks guys. The idea just came to me yesterday morning and it is so simple that I can't believe no one else thought of it.  duh :hehe:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on October 28, 2012, 06:51:54 AM
Excelent plan you got their. You should enter it into the Tight Lines best intervention comp they have each month. (clap)
Fritz, how do I enter. Maybe I should go and buy the magazine.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Kumz on October 28, 2012, 06:00:32 PM
 (clap) Excellent idea.... :win:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Fritz on October 28, 2012, 06:29:04 PM
Excelent plan you got their. You should enter it into the Tight Lines best intervention comp they have each month. (clap)
Fritz, how do I enter. Maybe I should go and buy the magazine.
Heman I got no idea. One of my friends dad enters every month with some new idea he comes up with and the prizes are not huge but is still wuth something. Tackle is tackle and its even better when its free.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: isivuba on October 28, 2012, 07:04:26 PM
you can email your idea to etienne@stywelyne.net just got it out of the nov 2012 issue
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on October 28, 2012, 08:27:40 PM
Thanks guys. I will give it a go but don't think I'll win with such a simple idea.  :blush:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Sailor on October 29, 2012, 09:33:25 AM
Thanks Herman, great idea. Yes enter it in the comp.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Capt. Hook on October 29, 2012, 09:37:14 AM
One never stops learning new things.  :FST:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Lichia amia on October 29, 2012, 09:57:50 AM
Nice idea and that from a W.P. supporter nogal  (clap)
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on October 29, 2012, 10:14:04 AM
Nice idea and that from a W.P. supporter nogal  (clap)
:hyst: :hyst:  :bow:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: super_daav on October 29, 2012, 10:26:58 AM
Cool idea there Hermann!!
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Rory on October 29, 2012, 11:53:43 AM
Super stuff Hermann, simple and practical  :corrct: Have some cred! :+ cred:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Lenny on October 29, 2012, 11:55:47 AM
have some Cred Hermann .


This will be very handy on a boat/Kayak too .
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on October 29, 2012, 12:07:07 PM
 :tkx: I got tired of my elastic falling in the sand or water and it looks like this will solve the problem. I know the clip will rust eventually but it is not expensive and can be replaced without a hassle. 
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Fish - n - Chicks on April 04, 2013, 03:44:43 PM
 :billf: Great idea thanks for sharing, This will come in very handy  :win:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: FishStyx on April 04, 2013, 06:27:11 PM
Thanks guys. I will give it a go but don't think I'll win with such a simple idea.  :blush:


I reckon the beauty is in exactly that... awesome simplicity. Nice one SA
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Gregf on April 04, 2013, 07:54:46 PM
Thank you for sharing, great idea :corrct: :clwn
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Allie on April 04, 2013, 08:23:19 PM
Thanx for sharing. Like to see which tackle shop will steal the idea and sell it off as their own.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: PH on April 05, 2013, 05:59:47 AM
I made one after seeing yours in December at Plett.
Really works well, thanks Hermann!!
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Toppie on April 05, 2013, 07:05:52 AM
Nice idea Hermann!
 
Now can somebody perhaps share, where can one get of that better quality slightly thicker latex rubber elastic used as binding for bait like the one's Homie usues?
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: shagnrelease on April 05, 2013, 08:42:21 AM
you can email your idea to etienne@stywelyne.net just got it out of the nov 2012 issue
Not sure if there will be any response to this mail address, I think Etienne Kriel passed away earlier this year.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: LUPO on April 05, 2013, 09:02:22 AM
Thanks guys. I will give it a go but don't think I'll win with such a simple idea.  :blush:

Great idea SAfish!  :+ cred:

The guy that patented the idea of a tourch on a cell, phone probably also thought it was also "too simple".  I am sure at the moment the hardest job he has, is getting out of bed in the morning.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Homie on April 05, 2013, 09:06:40 AM
Nice idea Hermann!
 
Now can somebody perhaps share, where can one get of that better quality slightly thicker latex rubber elastic used as binding for bait like the one's Homie usues?

any Tackle store Tops...Its in a brownish old pill bottle.. costs about 30/40 bucks
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: deezynking on April 05, 2013, 10:24:57 AM
 :+ cred: :+ cred:  Awesome Idea  :tkx:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: colin on January 28, 2015, 10:51:42 AM
 :win: what a great idea . Making one today. :toppie:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on January 28, 2015, 11:00:43 AM
:win: what a great idea . Making one today. :toppie:
I'm glad you liked it.  w;k
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: shaunyboy on January 28, 2015, 11:36:31 AM
 :happ: My elsatic is always getting lost and i know at 30 some odd bucks a pop I hate loosing them
 
shot for this idea will most definately put into use this afternoon.  (clap) (clap) :resp: :+ cred:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on January 28, 2015, 11:53:05 AM
:happ: My elsatic is always getting lost and i know at 30 some odd bucks a pop I hate loosing them
 
shot for this idea will most definately put into use this afternoon.  (clap) (clap) :resp: :+ cred:
:tkx: This was my problem as well and I used to drop it in the sand which just made the whole thing a mess. Since I made this "clip" I have not lost one and it stays clean and is always handy at your bait station.
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Bwana on January 28, 2015, 12:47:12 PM
Brilliant!  (clap)
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Bigben on January 28, 2015, 01:06:24 PM
Brilliant idea..
 
The only change I'l make is a butterfly nut to easily change the cotton on the beach..
No spanner needed..
 :udman:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on January 28, 2015, 01:18:30 PM
Brilliant idea..
 
The only change I'l make is a butterfly but to easily change the cotton on the beach..
No spanner needed..
 :udman:
:tkx: True, and you are right, it will be easier to change the cotton on the beach if you use a wing nut. The reason I used a lock nut is it ensures that it does not come undone over time because you have to leave some play for the cotton's spool to spin freely. It is also easier to check that you have enough cotton on there before you go fishing. 
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Nooduck on January 30, 2015, 07:09:27 PM
Great idea, Thank you  :+ cred:
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Bigben on February 04, 2015, 02:08:37 PM
Daarsy..made me one 2day.
 
Thx 4 the idea
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on February 04, 2015, 02:28:26 PM
Very nice.  (clap)  :tite
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Homie on February 05, 2015, 10:51:41 AM
Howsit Big Ben..
its U A ... not AU as youve posted on sealine...
lol
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Bigben on February 05, 2015, 11:09:55 AM
Howsit Big Ben..
its U A ... not AU as youve posted on sealine...
lol

Was done on purpose bro...Get some brains working over there..
 
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Charles on February 05, 2015, 11:54:19 AM
Howsit Big Ben..
its U A ... not AU as youve posted on sealine...
lol

 :the sHPLAT Homie you in bed with the opposition!!?  (bat
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Bigben on February 05, 2015, 12:15:38 PM
Howsit Big Ben..
its U A ... not AU as youve posted on sealine...
lol

 :the sHPLAT Homie you in bed with the opposition!!?  (bat
 
 
Hey hey since when do fishermen become opposition to each other...BEDFELLOWS is what Homie is/become :hehe: :crzy
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: Homie on February 05, 2015, 01:09:07 PM
Opposition ???

Since when does UA have opposition ?
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: SAfish on February 05, 2015, 01:16:38 PM
Opposition ???

Since when does UA have opposition ?
:Like: 100%
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: iNdlovu on February 05, 2015, 05:23:30 PM
Those fellow fisherman on SL can always come here and get the great ideas
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: REEFMAN on February 05, 2015, 05:29:53 PM
Those fellow fisherman on SL can always come here and get the great ideas

 duh :rotfl
Title: Re: Handy Bait Elastic Holder
Post by: LGF on February 11, 2015, 03:15:35 PM
ditto  :hnthnt: :rotfl
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal