0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I’ll say 80% of my fishing would be for Large Mouth Yellows and Cats . 10 days a year targeting Garrick of St Francis point and maybe Tigers every other year .
I think you need to consider where you will be fishing and for what most of the time. If you are consistently targetting 15kg kingies, then a 10weight. If it mostly tigers, then an 8wt......
I would not go heavier than the 8# for Largies.
I'll second the above quotes. In my very limited saltwater experience I have found the biggest issue is casting in windy conditions, so a 10 weight gets my vote. I also believe in fishing and not casting all day, so I only use shooting heads in the salt. The 10 weight is a beastly stick, but if a small oke like me can fish with it all day, you shouldn't have an issue! I can bring it along to the next social for you to have a few casts?
Please do kind Sir