0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Andrew I was at that Yellow Spot 3 weekends ago. We caught absolutely buggerall.I waited for the wind to settle and the fish to start rising and not even that resulted in fish. I even put the fly on top of a fish only to see him take something next to my fly. I honestly must say that this place is not my most favorite of places to fish seeing that I have had very little success here.Fantastic shots of the reel and fish
Quote from: E.T. on June 11, 2012, 09:04:04 AMAndrew I was at that Yellow Spot 3 weekends ago. We caught absolutely buggerall.I waited for the wind to settle and the fish to start rising and not even that resulted in fish. I even put the fly on top of a fish only to see him take something next to my fly. I honestly must say that this place is not my most favorite of places to fish seeing that I have had very little success here.Fantastic shots of the reel and fish The fishing is very tough there now, usual winter story. I have stopped targeting the smallmouth there now and am just fishing for largies. What fly did the fish refuse? Were you fishing to fish feeding in the scum line or were you fishing a hatch?
Quote from: Hooch on June 07, 2012, 08:36:31 PMHermann, ek het b 7/8 shimmy met n spaar spoel. Nou wat is hy werd? Koos en Rory het hom al gesien? Hooch, if it's in good nick and an Ultegra, I will take it off you for 1K. Interested?
Hermann, ek het b 7/8 shimmy met n spaar spoel. Nou wat is hy werd? Koos en Rory het hom al gesien?
Quote from: Herman Jooste on June 08, 2012, 04:57:51 PMQuote from: Hooch on June 07, 2012, 08:36:31 PMHermann, ek het b 7/8 shimmy met n spaar spoel. Nou wat is hy werd? Koos en Rory het hom al gesien? Hooch, if it's in good nick and an Ultegra, I will take it off you for 1K. Interested?Nope
Anyone heard of the Diawa Lochmor SLA - http://www.fishingmegastore.com/daiwa-lochmor-sla-reel~12257.html
I would like to treat you to some exquisite workmanship from Sweden.These people are genetically mutated or engineered, cause they are fantastic in everything they do.
Quote from: E.T. on May 14, 2012, 12:04:25 PMI would like to treat you to some exquisite workmanship from Sweden.These people are genetically mutated or engineered, cause they are fantastic in everything they do.Hi ETCould'nt agree with you more!! I studied in Sweden and was gobsmacked by the uber stylish designs, quality and thinking which goes into the stuff they produce. On the reels, man, you killing me here! For posting such beauty, have some I think flyfishing is the next frontier for me
Quote from: MahiMahi on July 16, 2012, 03:47:13 PMQuote from: E.T. on May 14, 2012, 12:04:25 PMI would like to treat you to some exquisite workmanship from Sweden.These people are genetically mutated or engineered, cause they are fantastic in everything they do.Hi ETCould'nt agree with you more!! I studied in Sweden and was gobsmacked by the uber stylish designs, quality and thinking which goes into the stuff they produce. On the reels, man, you killing me here! For posting such beauty, have some I think flyfishing is the next frontier for me Thanx Boet, I have 2 friends in Sweden. The one builds reels and the other builds rods and everything they produce is just amazing. On the Engineering side, I have yet to see something made elsewhere that can match the Swedes.They are fantastic craftsmen, they are loyal, trustworthy and I have had stuff made over there and then i am instructed to only pay for it once I have received it and if I am satisfied with what I have been sent. Who does that these days????The East will make you stuff, but you must pay first and if it's wrong, "Solly to heal, maybe you can make mistake when you odar."