Author Topic: Old Tackle What`s your take?  (Read 3365 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Old Tackle What`s your take?
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
    I would  like to share this with you, and get your opinion? Is it a gem or something to  let go? I recently let one go for a decent offer, however I would like to know  if anyone can assist in letting me know what the weight is for the different front  ends? There are 3 “tips” ranging from thick to thin...
I would  like to test this rod but need some assistance on what I have as they did not  label it..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:03:24 PM by Wynand13 »
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Old Tackle What your take?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »
More pics
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Old Tackle What your take?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »
More Pics
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Old Tackle What your take?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »
last pic
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Old Tackle What your take?
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:35:30 AM »
wynand, what a gem!
 

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Old Tackle What your take?
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »
HI Monster

 :tkx:

I would love to fish this, but have no idea how, what W line to use or anything else. Any ideas?
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Old Tackle What your take?
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 11:45:23 AM »
I have no idee myaby try the guys on flytalk. You can go to a fly shop and test a couple of line weights until you find one that casts well.
 
I would personally put it in a display case as old bamboo gets dray and can crack and break.
 
Again its ons pretty piece of art.

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Old Tackle What your take?
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »
    This one  was recently veneered and is still pretty flexible, yes it’s got a special display  at my house, but I think it deserves to be used every now and then. I am looking  for a suitable reel that dates back to the 50s just for show. I have 2 extra  tip parts on this one, the thin tip, so I am willing to use this until they  give up. I would love to catch something with this rod as I can imagine that  fishing this would be a totally different experience to using modern day  equipment.
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Serra Moz

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 477
  • Cred: 12
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Marracuene - Mozambique
Re: Old Tackle What`s your take?
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »
I always love looking at yester year's tackle.... :shre:
Happy days!

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Old Tackle What`s your take?
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »
@ Serra

We have come a long way... And to think our children will think the same of what we currently use...
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline E.T.

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 883
  • Cred: 87
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Re: Old Tackle What`s your take?
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
This should answer some of your questions.....


http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=9215.0

Offline Luke13

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Cred: 5
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Fourways
Re: Old Tackle What`s your take?
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 01:38:08 PM »
Looks  :appr:    :envy :envy :envy

What a gem.. I would suggest keeping it in a display, sometimes the dream of driving your childhood supercar is trashed when you actually do it and realise that its not at all great compared to what you are use to..

But I might be wrong.. .  :fshn:   

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal