Author Topic: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.  (Read 15574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:25:35 PM »
Having noticed that there are quite a few members wishing to throw a fly at yellows I think it's time for another Vaal "social".
 
This trippie will be exclusive to UA members only. Anyone and everyone on this site is welcome. A special exclusive invite to Walkerskiller and Mrs Simpson.
 
As stated in the heading it will be on the 22nd of January. The venue will be decided about 3  days beforehand, due to the flows being very up and down with the current rain. :dunno:
 
Venues that spring to mind are : Eendekuil, Strome, Eastco, Oord Nebo, Strydoms.
 
Depending on numbers I fancy Eendekuil, easy wading and good fishing.
 
Remember though we have to book beforehand.
 
I have Tim's number, so if it's the venue I will post it.
 
So who's in ??????
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 07:23:30 AM »
I'm in!  :fshn:

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 07:56:08 AM »
Good initiative Herman!  (clap) :+ cred:

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 08:13:54 AM »
Thanks Herman :udman: :udman: the very unfortunate thing here is this and the last social are the only two times I have ever planned to fish the Vaal Dam... Already made plans on Monday  duh duh I will have to take ANOTHER raincheck  :-( so sorry... Won't quite be the same as I will be throwing  :mili: for smallmouths with 10lb line  :hehe: :hehe:

Seriously next one I am in!

wernerm

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
I'm in  :happ:

Al1

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »
 
I'd love to join you as well if I may! (Alet - newbie to the forum). I know Eendekuil back to front. Would be very happy to explore different waters, but at least at Eendkuil I might be able to show off a bit!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
 :welc: :welc:

wernerm

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
What do you guys think the flows are going to be like come weekend? Doesn't look so good at the moment

Al1

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »
 
I'm not counting on it being low enough to fish. Will watch closely though. I normally wait until the last minute (Saturday night / Sunday morning) before making any plans.

Offline FCLoretz

  • The B-Specialist
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 83
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 07:49:02 AM »
Sorry, I am out. Wanted to come through and meet some of you guys, But I do have tickets to the 5th ODI at the Wanderers for that Sunday.  sry

WELL after yesterdays cricket I might see you for the afternoon session  :crzy :hehe:


Frederick

Offline doc

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 193
  • Cred: 82
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »
I'm in

Al1

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 08:17:22 AM »
 
Hmmm... turns out my hubby doesn't want to go through again this Sunday. Apparently we're putting too many miles on his car - driving to the Vaal every weekend for the past 5 weeks! :-(    Guess I'm just a wee bit more into fishing than he is!

Al1

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »
 
...And that goes for next weekend as well!

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 08:00:34 PM »

Hmmm... turns out my hubby doesn't want to go through again this Sunday. Apparently we're putting too many miles on his car - driving to the Vaal every weekend for the past 5 weeks! :-(    Guess I'm just a wee bit more into fishing than he is!

Firstly, welcome to the site. :welc:
 
Secondly maybe you can cadge a lift with one of the Jo'burg guys depending on where you stay ? w;k
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

wernerm

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
Apparently we're putting too many miles on his car


Consider getting a Toyota, just run in at 500 000 k's 

Al1

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »

Hmmm... turns out my hubby doesn't want to go through again this Sunday. Apparently we're putting too many miles on his car - driving to the Vaal every weekend for the past 5 weeks! :-(    Guess I'm just a wee bit more into fishing than he is!

Firstly, welcome to the site. :welc:
 
Secondly maybe you can cadge a lift with one of the Jo'burg guys depending on where you stay ? w;k

 
Firstly - thank you!
 
Secondly - will the forum create a fund for my divorce proceedings? No way my dear, wonderful hubby would let me go fishing with one of the Joburg guys. Oh, unless you meant BOTH of us should catch a lift...
 
 

Offline FCLoretz

  • The B-Specialist
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 83
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 08:13:11 AM »

Hmmm... turns out my hubby doesn't want to go through again this Sunday. Apparently we're putting too many miles on his car - driving to the Vaal every weekend for the past 5 weeks! :-(    Guess I'm just a wee bit more into fishing than he is!

Firstly, welcome to the site. :welc:
 
Secondly maybe you can cadge a lift with one of the Jo'burg guys depending on where you stay ? w;k

 
Firstly - thank you!
 
Secondly - will the forum create a fund for my divorce proceedings? No way my dear, wonderful hubby would let me go fishing with one of the Joburg guys. Oh, unless you meant BOTH of us should catch a lift...

Hi Alet,

If I were going both of you could catch a lift with me. Unfortunately I have tickets to the cricket
Frederick

Al1

  • Guest
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
 
Wow, that's very kind if you! I'm sure by next weekend I'll be able to convince him to make a trip again - and hopefully some of you guys will be there as well!

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
I will be there! got my pass and cant wait
Squid Happens!

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: VAAL TRIP 4. 22nd January.
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »
Im supposed to be in Rustenburg, if not, then Im in !

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal