So today we had Vaal trip 4.
It was p!ssing down when I left Vanderbijl, and was rather nervous about the day's fishing. Michael SMS'd to say he was bailing out 'cos ofthe rain in Vdb.
Crossed the N1 and HEY no more rain
Got to the venue ( Woelwaters ) and was IMMEDIATELY IMPRESSED.
Neat and tidy, organised, lady there to open up at 05:45.
There's a PUB

at the office ( which, yes I did visit on the way home. )
For R 30.00 a day p/p it's great. Their Chalets look good, as does the general area for day visitors. There is a swimming pool, as well as a putt putt course and I don't know what else for the kids, just drove past them on the way to the waters.
Anyway, back to the fishing.
As per normal Rory was first into a fsh, soon followed by Nico ( Monster ).
Then came the "moment" or should I say "movement" of the day when "Homes" had his first ever Vaal Shuffle.

All we saw after the splash was his hat, luckily still on his head.
All in all it was not a bad day's fishing for a new venue for all of us.
Home's had 2 yellows on,
Rory about 5,
Nico ( Monster ) caught and landed a HUGE muddie, as well as
some SM.
After battling across the main flow and fishingup against the reeds and rocks on the opposite bank, all I had was 5 sm on/off.
Tucking rod under arm I decided to walk back to Rory and Homy who were a fair downsteam of me. So I wobbled through the water, tripping here and there,and found a patch to fish. Second cast and I was VAS.
Within 15 seconds I had the fish by me feet, Muddie, I thought.
How wrong I was,

, the fish just took off, but slowly, downstream. I managed to stop and turn the fish and regain some line. After 5 minutes ( which is a long time to net a fish on the Vaal ) Rory starts chirping me about using a 3 # , and how about landing thefish.
To cut a long story short, I DID land it.
My PB Barbel on fly. 5.75 Kg, on a 5# Slap Scott.
Some pics to follow,
PROOF, that Homie was f/f for yellows.