Author Topic: Her 1st trout  (Read 4425 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Her 1st trout
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »
My daughter is 7 now.


I promised her last winter I will take her fishing for her 1st trout this summer.


This last weekend I took her to a place just outside Dullstroom where she enjoyed the farm a lot...


On Saturday morning we practiced casting her rod. But it was really to warm.


A bit later in the day I took her down to the dam to show her how a spinning rod worked.





We went back to the house.

Played monopoly (she won hands down... again)  duh


Later the afternoon I showed her how a fly rod work and took her back to the dam.





I could see a couple of trout rising and it was not long before I was into a fish and I gave her the rod...





The trout gave her a good fight on the 4 wt and it was not long before we had him in the net.





Its a beautiful place up in the Steenkamps mountains...





She enjoyed the adventure and is all ready asking when we are going again...  :lolo:





[size=78%] [/size]

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!  :cgrts:

Offline Willie

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Cred: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Novice
  • Location: Nelspruit Mpumalanga
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »
 :cgrts:  to the little one well done!
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at office

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:42:57 AM »
Hopefully the start of a life long addiction :cgrts:

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »
Lovely stuff Gerhard!!  (clap)

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
Thanks guys,


Yea I think the next trip will be for kurper later in the season.


kurper on float should be a lot of fun for her (lots of action)

Offline AndriesH

  • Dassie Destroyer - In die Kol dol
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 481
  • Cred: 69
  • Gender: Male
  • Here lives a cumfy fisherman and his lovely wife.
  • Location: Johannesburg
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
 :fshn:
                :trout:

 (clap)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:14:39 AM by AndriesH »
I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing

Offline Manuel Junior

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 579
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Maputo,Mozambique
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 12:30:06 PM »
Nice stuff!!! :cgrts: :cgrts:

wernerm

  • Guest
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »
It's great getting the kids to carry on the legacy, my eldest also got his first lessons over the weekend past

Offline super_daav

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 855
  • Cred: 74
  • Gender: Male
  • Lower Zambezi 2009
  • Location: Durban, KZN
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
Some of my best fishing moments having been spent teaching others (My Mrs & young cousins specifically) how to fish and sharing in their elation in catching their first fish...
 
Well done Gerhard! Thats the way to start them...
Kingfisher.co.za
Official Daiwa agent

Al1

  • Guest
Re: Her 1st trout
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »
 (clap) Congratulations to your daughter! I wish I had started at that age!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal