0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
We launched at shelly beach today, had a rather interesting launch got out onto the banks and proceeded to get bliksemed by the johnnies. 8 strikes all in all with only one small yft boated although I did miss a 2nd on the gaff 3 times for him only to be taxed in front of us. Lost 3 rappies and fought 2 of the taxing buggers to the boat to get my prized konas back. Got smoked once by something monstrous on the surface, it pulled 250m of 50lb on 8kg drag in less than 20seconds only to be bitten off Might make a late launch at dbsc
Will be doing my 1st trip with the new ponies on Saturday
Quote from: Capt. Hook on September 23, 2015, 09:06:03 PMWill be doing my 1st trip with the new ponies on Saturday Please report back can't wait to hear about the fast fat girl.Congratulations on the upgrade.
Quote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 02:29:34 PMQuote from: maganything on September 23, 2015, 02:25:35 PMQuote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 12:36:04 PMQuote from: maganything on September 23, 2015, 11:34:30 AMQuote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 11:30:24 AMAnyone launching tomorrow ??you reckon it will be worth it??Scott will do a quick snoek challenge then if conditions are favorable then I will try for a Garrick, got a window period till 08h30 and out going tide.im debating what to do... I need to work, but deciding wether its work sneaking the morning off or not....Need to get bait before sodwana and running out of weekends!! I am going with Ant to see if we can get his lighty a snoek or two Chris do you allow cigarettes on your boat? Like a chimney that oke.
Quote from: maganything on September 23, 2015, 02:25:35 PMQuote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 12:36:04 PMQuote from: maganything on September 23, 2015, 11:34:30 AMQuote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 11:30:24 AMAnyone launching tomorrow ??you reckon it will be worth it??Scott will do a quick snoek challenge then if conditions are favorable then I will try for a Garrick, got a window period till 08h30 and out going tide.im debating what to do... I need to work, but deciding wether its work sneaking the morning off or not....Need to get bait before sodwana and running out of weekends!! I am going with Ant to see if we can get his lighty a snoek or two
Quote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 12:36:04 PMQuote from: maganything on September 23, 2015, 11:34:30 AMQuote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 11:30:24 AMAnyone launching tomorrow ??you reckon it will be worth it??Scott will do a quick snoek challenge then if conditions are favorable then I will try for a Garrick, got a window period till 08h30 and out going tide.im debating what to do... I need to work, but deciding wether its work sneaking the morning off or not....Need to get bait before sodwana and running out of weekends!!
Quote from: maganything on September 23, 2015, 11:34:30 AMQuote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 11:30:24 AMAnyone launching tomorrow ??you reckon it will be worth it??Scott will do a quick snoek challenge then if conditions are favorable then I will try for a Garrick, got a window period till 08h30 and out going tide.
Quote from: CLS on September 23, 2015, 11:30:24 AMAnyone launching tomorrow ??you reckon it will be worth it??
Anyone launching tomorrow ??
Anyone fish the weekend ?? I decided to save my fuel for another day.
Mozzies for the binnelanders and mackerel for the coastal boys... copy that!!
I launched on sat morning. Ran to the barge and got some nice mackerel for bait. Tried off the barge and cassons but the shad were a problem and stealing our baits. Ran out to the deep off umhlanga and tried for a few bottoms. Were quite a few small fish around. Moved into the shallower marks and got a triple up only to have 2 of the fish eaten by the boat, paying tax again. My crew member, a friend of Kierans dad, was very green as the sea was very lumpy with the NE. Put out the rapalas and pulled them back to the club with no enquiries. Interesting is the water on the 70m is 22.9 and at No1 is only 22.1. We used 40 litres of petrol. I have 2 x 50hp Yamahas. We normally use just under 2 tanks per trip. I would say we did about 40km.