I have been using "grinders" or spin reels to target sharks off the beaches here for a few years.
I thought i would post some pics of some of the sharks I have caught on my grinders.
Small 7-Gill (Cow Shark) - Reel used was a Daiwa Emblem Pro 5500 with 20lb braid

Another 7-Gill - Reel used was a Shimano Spheros 14000 with 50lb braid

Another shot of the above 7-Gill

Another 7-Gill - Reel used was a Shimano Spheros 14000 with 50lb braid

A nice size Gummy (Smooth hound) - Reel used was a Daiwa Emblem Pro 5500 with 20lb braid
(Pic taken on the timer as I was fishing alone

)

My one and only Bronzie - Reel used was a Shimano Spheros 14000 with 50lb braid

and finally my first and biggest 7-Gill - Reel used was Shimano JHX (el cheapo) with 20lb Braid and a 80lb mono hook trace

The Shimano Spheros 14000 with a Stella 20000 handle

The Daiwa Emblem Pro 5500
