0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hi Chris,In terms of the rod I would go with the P6 Grinder from Gremlins rated 5-7oz. With respect to the Ultegra maybe someone in the know can better advise you.
Fritz is your reel the Ci4? I find the handle on the Ci4 really tiny!
Donsa is quite right, go with the Pentagon P6 or with what i use, A Standard Assassin Heavy.The New Ultegra CI4 comes with the modification to the bail arm so that it doesn't fall over in a cast, i would put a power knob, as i feel the standard knob is a bit to small. Quote from: DONSA on September 22, 2011, 09:07:05 PMHi Chris,In terms of the rod I would go with the P6 Grinder from Gremlins rated 5-7oz. With respect to the Ultegra maybe someone in the know can better advise you.
Quote from: Nemesis. on September 22, 2011, 09:17:36 PMDonsa is quite right, go with the Pentagon P6 or with what i use, A Standard Assassin Heavy.The New Ultegra CI4 comes with the modification to the bail arm so that it doesn't fall over in a cast, i would put a power knob, as i feel the standard knob is a bit to small. Quote from: DONSA on September 22, 2011, 09:07:05 PMHi Chris,In terms of the rod I would go with the P6 Grinder from Gremlins rated 5-7oz. With respect to the Ultegra maybe someone in the know can better advise you.Hi Nemesis,How do you find the assassin for this set up?Is it with the short heavy tip?I must admit they are like the best casting rod I have used but with a multiplier.
Definitely go with straight braid. Speak to Homie on the site for some HMP braid alternatively speak to Gremlins about the braid. The P6 will handle anything you throw at it and invariably the weak link will be you. Braid + bigfish + long rod + deepwater= one very sore angler
Cool Nemesis.Where can I find this 100-150lb thicker braid leader?Rather what should I be asking the guys for at a tackle shop?
Hi guys.I have been fishing with my grinder(quantum Surge 60) and a L&F 12ft 3oz rod. Landed some nice fish off the beach by my house. Mostly Cob and Steenbras.I want to convert my Posiedon 5 to a grinder rod. Should I do all 3 tips? I'm going to pair it with a Ultegra 14000 XSA Ci4. Any advice would be appreciated.Thanx