Author Topic: Casting with a grinder  (Read 15437 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Casting with a grinder
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »
Ok that would be different. I'm not sure how much a glove would help with a 6oz and bait attached. I'd be very scared to test! Btw how did it break

I used to cast a lot of spoons and plugs in Angola and the Durbs and surrounds.
I always used a glove.
Not my bionic finger that broke but seen a few in bits...
Guess the pressure is just to much after some time.
Personally would not use such a heavy rig with a grinder.

For me a grinder setup 4 oz is about max

Gerhad,

Rock and Surf is currently going through the "Grinder Revolution"
Many great (read huge) fish have been tamed with the grinder, paired with purpose built rods. Its not the same as used for lures etc.

6 ounces plus are cast, and NO glove's gonna help !

The bionic finger is built into the rod, and I cant see it breaking easily  :dunno:

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Casting with a grinder
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »
Ok that would be different. I'm not sure how much a glove would help with a 6oz and bait attached. I'd be very scared to test! Btw how did it break

I used to cast a lot of spoons and plugs in Angola and the Durbs and surrounds.
I always used a glove.
Not my bionic finger that broke but seen a few in bits...
Guess the pressure is just to much after some time.
Personally would not use such a heavy rig with a grinder.

For me a grinder setup 4 oz is about max

Gerhad,

Rock and Surf is currently going through the "Grinder Revolution"
Many great (read huge) fish have been tamed with the grinder, paired with purpose built rods. Its not the same as used for lures etc.

6 ounces plus are cast, and NO glove's gonna help !

The bionic finger is built into the rod, and I cant see it breaking easily  :dunno:


Thanks for the update...


Been out of the "fishy" circles for a while...   duh   duh


Guess you are screwed when the bionic finger brakes...  :lolo:


 

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Casting with a grinder
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »
No different to if your reel breaks or your eyes break?

Offline Angler 1

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 225
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
Re: Casting with a grinder
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »
its gona be a helll of a force to break the cannon breakaway, and if it des beak it can be replaced as you would replace a guide, mine is taped on ive seen some guys use cable ties and ts stays in place!
IF YOU NOT LIVING LIFE ON THE EDGE YOU TAKING UP SPACE!!!!!

Offline Angler 1

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 225
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
Re: Casting with a grinder
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
Ok that would be different. I'm not sure how much a glove would help with a 6oz and bait attached. I'd be very scared to test! Btw how did it break


I used to cast a lot of spoons and plugs in Angola and the Durbs and surrounds.
 

I always used a glove.


Not my bionic finger that broke but seen a few in bits...


Guess the pressure is just to much after some time.


Personally would not use such a heavy rig with a grinder.

For me a grinder setup 4 oz is about max

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Boet clearly you have been away from the circles , these bionic fingers have been used to throw some big baits , for raggies ect , and this is the first one i heard of breaking, its construction seems quite bullet proof, i myself have used them on a heavy tirelago casting a 8 oz sinker with bait , and i swear i have thrown more than ten times already , maybe u had a defective product , i mean this does happen from time to time when something escapes quality control , but i can assure you it works  , i have tried the glove thing but the amount of confidence that bionic finger gives you , its amazing , im pro bionic finger and im enjoying every moment!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:47:29 PM by Angler 1 »
IF YOU NOT LIVING LIFE ON THE EDGE YOU TAKING UP SPACE!!!!!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal