0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Lurker we all have those trips but you at-least have that rainbow!
Did you try static against the reeds? By static I mean, bright fly underneath a strike indicator with a nymph tied on NZ Style(two flies in tandem)? When things go dead, this usually works.
I know about fishing droppers, but only learned this technique now after googling it - nice one and cred for you!
I wonder if how well it would work for smallmouth yellows at Sterkies.
Sterkies, you swap the Strike Indicator with a dry and you fish a small nymph about 10cm below it. This works well on Smallstreams and still water for Trout too.Caught Yellows on the Vaal fishing dry and dropper too.
I tried everything the whole of Friday, from static to fast stripping zonkers to try and get a reaction bite. Nothing. The white deaths was the only thing that worked.I fish static a lot in winter and dropper style for carp in summer. Very effective!It was just one of those weekends for everyone I recon. The weather really messed things up.
Still at least you caught a couple of beautiful fish Rod