Author Topic: Opinions on Shimano Ultegra 14000 XSB?  (Read 7657 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline INGOZI

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Cred: 0
  • Location: Empangeni, KZN
Opinions on Shimano Ultegra 14000 XSB?
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:31:22 PM »
Hi guys,

Although I love the line capacity and sheer power of conventional casting reels like the Torium range by Shimano and Saltist range by Daiwa I have been considering going "old school" and aquiring a Spinning set-up for rock and surf fishing. One name that keeps coming up is the Ultegra 14000 XSB which is priced very well and seems to have sufficiant line capacity. I plan to use this set-up for most all my edible and some non-edible fishing.

What are your thoughts on this reel, and what would you suggest in regards to the perfect rod using 50Lb Braid?

All the best and thanks in advance!

Engee Potgieter

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: Opinions on Shimano Ultegra 14000 XSB?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:51:44 PM »
From the little  that I used one last year, it is a great reel and if I was into rock & surf this would be the reel for me, casts a mile too.

 :welc:

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Opinions on Shimano Ultegra 14000 XSB?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:58:28 AM »
Used the 14000 a bit and I take my hat of for the reel it can stand up for it self. I curently use the 5500 on a spinning rig and love every bit about it. And as Prego said it casts a mile.

Offline INGOZI

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Cred: 0
  • Location: Empangeni, KZN
Re: Opinions on Shimano Ultegra 14000 XSB?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »
Thanks so much for the opinions guys, will have to get one and put it through it's paces!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal