Go feel the rods out with the intended reel, the loomis is an epic rod, and components top notch. It may have higher spec components than the assassin in fact?! Both have Fuji guides, K series alconite on loomis and fuji O series on the assassin, the loomis guides are nearly $3 ea. and the O series are $1.50 guides, and the loomis has a fuji winch which the assassin fails to say what winch it has, from which one can assume its not fuji as manufacturers tend to brag when a rod has fuji components.
The loomis is a lovely rod, top notch, I have the 10' and more than happy with it, guide layout, blank, components all in the sweet spot, it throws amazing and fights fish lekker I landed spans on it during its first season including cob, leeries up to 8kg, little tunas, skippies and bonnies, elf, steenies, large grunts, gulley sharks. Great rod, I fished mine hard. The assassin may have a similar or heavier blank check it out, I am not sure, on paper the loomis beats it and there is no reason to justify the extra cost except the name..I am sure both are way more rods than you used to be able to get so go look and feel for yourself what suits you. The guides are more than heavy enough on the loomis too, you dont need heavier double foot guides for the running guides, I've fished mine upside down with a multi this season with the stock standard guide layout and it COOKED! I bent that rod proper this season and it performed out the box, with a little multi tied to the bottom handle LOL. Single foot running guides were fine, I figured my bass rods for baitcasters all like that and I fish 20-30lb on them so why not, and they were more than strong enough.