Author Topic: Quick question..1 x Assassin Sierra XH or 2 x Archipelago 1 H and 1 XH  (Read 5842 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PRENO

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 238
  • Cred: 7
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bluff, Scottburgh
Hi guys I got a deal..please hel, can't choose..1 Assassin Sierra XH for R2500 (Second hand but excellent condition) or the two Archipelago new..heavy and Extra Heavy 11ft.



« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 09:41:48 AM by PRENO »
Family is happiness

Offline JeandlH

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 52
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Reebok, Western Cape
Without a doubt the Assassin Sierra, those are beast rods.

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Haven’t fished any of those sticks .


But I seriously doubt , I will ever ever own an okuma .
If the rods are like the previous range of reels , you will end up weeping .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline fishatic

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 500
  • Cred: 14
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg
Haven’t fished any of those sticks .


But I seriously doubt , I will ever ever own an okuma .
If the rods are like the previous range of reels , you will end up weeping .


You would be missing out.
The L&F Archipelago's are, as you surmised, built on blanks manufactured in house by Okuma.
Top shelf components.
Giood build quality.
Layouts designed to cope with reels and braids  most commonly used on rods like these and actually tested before going into production.
You really can't miss with the Archepelagos.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:11:25 PM by fishatic »

Offline Grumpy

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 194
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban KZN
Cant go wrong with either. Sierras are great and the Archipelego is also very highly rated by all that use then. Personal choice really

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Sjoe... tough choice.

Assassin Sierra XH new is now R5400!!  :shk At R2500... for me that's a bargain that can't be turned down...

Offline Chancer

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Simons Town
Preno.
I think you should buy the Sierra and then send it to me.
Then you can save up for the Archipelagos.

Offline PRENO

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 238
  • Cred: 7
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bluff, Scottburgh
Family is happiness

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Haven’t fished any of those sticks .


But I seriously doubt , I will ever ever own an okuma .
If the rods are like the previous range of reels , you will end up weeping .


You would be missing out.
The L&F Archipelago's are, as you surmised, built on blanks manufactured in house by Okuma.
Top shelf components.
Giood build quality.
Layouts designed to cope with reels and braids  most commonly used on rods like these and actually tested before going into production.
You really can't miss with the Archepelagos.


I will take your word for it man , not assuming it’s not a good stick .
I also , think there are no real , bad gear available , you get what you pay for , but  some times brands take full advantage of this become a marketing ploy , and demand , makes the price shoot up .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline Visenvryheid

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 456
  • Cred: 30
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing and freedom! Thank the Almighty!
  • Location: Cape Town
Na that loomis(okuma) stick is great..I thoroughly fished mine out this season  (10ft) ..katonkel, leeries, elf, cob, skippies, eastern little tuna. almost landed one of those real dirty fighting game fish but he fell off the hook at my feet, i cried...braid..LOL 3 tuna species from the rocks this year on it, after loosing that fish, spinning with a little 10size penn reel tied on with some gut and the rod fished upside down and 0.4mm mono and also a stradic at the beginning of season! LOL..What a blast I had..A decent skipjack tuna on that rod and light line in among the bricks is probably the most fun you can have with your clothes on and sober. Almost also landed a 15kg leerie on it, had him at the gulley but then some seals saw him, and he didnt like that and my drag was too tight and that was that..but I can't fault that rod.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:21:16 PM by Visenvryheid »

Offline PRENO

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 238
  • Cred: 7
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bluff, Scottburgh
Hey Guys.


I did have the Archipelago and Stradic, but I sold it because my little fisherman was born and needed extra cash, Loved that setup.


I got this setup for now for R 1600.00 which I am going to pick up tomorrow
Pictures below. (Please let me know if this is also good to spin with, Thank you)




I am still undecided with the Sierra and Archipelago, as I have until end of this month to decide but I will let you guys know.
If I don't take the Sierra and if its still available, and if Anyone wants it, you can let me know but the guy is in Durban North and will have to get his permission.


Thank you

Family is happiness

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
The Stradic 5000 FJ is a brilliant reel! Quite strange that it's silver though? They used to be white reels...

Can's see what rod that is, but it's specs look fine.

Offline Visenvryheid

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 456
  • Cred: 30
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing and freedom! Thank the Almighty!
  • Location: Cape Town
Looks like very nice light setup for the boat, rod a bit short but also for shad and all looks great..

Offline PRENO

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 238
  • Cred: 7
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bluff, Scottburgh
Hi guys this is the rod, sorry I left out this pic and the reel used to be white but was dipped in gun grey metal paint...not sure if this is a good buy..but I am going to check it out tomorrow morning.
Family is happiness

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Ya the Amia is a good rod, but 7 ft is very short... it will have limited casting range because of it's length. Also, I think the 5000 reel is too big for a 7ft. I use a 2500 size reel on my 7ft.

Offline Grumpy

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 194
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban KZN
I always wonder what that paint is hiding.

Offline Visenvryheid

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 456
  • Cred: 30
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing and freedom! Thank the Almighty!
  • Location: Cape Town
Ja on second thoughts...a paint job? Hmmm

Offline PRENO

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 238
  • Cred: 7
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bluff, Scottburgh
Hey guys


Basil manning has a special on the Stradic 5000 XG FK model for R 2399.00 and the 3000/4000 FL model at R 2399.00,which was posted last night, there some other good specials that are on. I am not advertising their store but if someone is looking for brand new stuff, they can check there.


Thank you
Family is happiness

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal