0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Great report emjay! Can almost feel the excitement! Nothing like a lure being taken on the move!
Nice man! - you might want to think about changing those treble hooks over to singles (a lot less damage to the fish & possibly yourself),keep the reports coming!
Good catches emjay! Must must have been a rev on 8lb and a 7ft rod. I also have one of those Estuary pro rods, have always questioned whether it would break on a 1kg fish - feels so flimsy and wonky.Looks like a Juvenile Big eye Kingfish, you can see the vague vertical stripes on it.
Mine is an old one, so probably the 1. And YES! exactly that problem... like it was going to break at the reel seat! I caught a few 500g Grunter on mine in the Umfolozi estuary on camo worm a few years ago - I swear I thought the rod was going to come apart! Funny as heck and never used it again!