Author Topic: hard day's fishing!  (Read 5323 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

whaler

  • Guest
hard day's fishing!
« on: October 02, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »
After a very sad week with us losing 3 family members in a car crash I decided to take the 2 musketeers fishing! We were up at 7 and after some issues regarding the correct fishing kit, we were of to Oom hennie for some bait, I bought a packet of those dried worms to try and then the old faithful pilchards and a packet of prawns, our first stop was the kaaimans river, READY FOR ACTION…
   


I baited up with the Pilchard(the worms take 40min to re hydrate) and first got Josh’s line in the water, I immediately received a complaint from Caitlyn about her line not having bait on? To make matters worse Josh went vas with a fish! How do you explain that to a three year old?



The lightie made short work of the stumpie and after a quick pic we put it back, with cattie still not in the water tears were not far away! I quickly cast her rod in and we wait, and we wait! 10 seconds later she has her next complaint ready! (Joshie het all die visse gevang!)  lol, I bait up the young mans rod again and as it hits the water he goes vas again! Can some one help me explain this to my daughter?? PLEASE…




The second stump,



Taking my daughters expert opinion in to consideration we decided to move the show to knysna, this time I made sure her rod was in first and lucky for me it was not long before she got a bite! With a little help from her brother she managed to land this very angry BLAASOP! A new species for her and a PB all in one,




With every body on the board I decided to see if I can catch something better, I put out a whole pillie head and quick quick I was on, first it felt like a piece of grass but I then felt a small tug, to my surprise a very large Chummie,(cuttle fish) made it’s appearance on the surface! Without a net I was lost, and with a squirt of it’s black ink it let go of the bait and all that was left for me was to stand with tears in my eyes and see my dinner swim away!


Our next stop was buffalo bay as the wind was pumping and at least you get some protection there, I tried the worm again and josh got a nice on, the blactail put up a nice fight and the smile on his face should say it all…




 



Tsutsuma

  • Guest
Re: hard day's fishing!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 05:26:11 PM »
Great stuff & lovely story and pictures - the kids look like they are in there element.

Offline Tyrone ter bruggen

  • STRETCH!
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 179
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Coutaville... KZN
Re: hard day's fishing!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:42:14 PM »
Big ups Dad!
Once again, condolences, there was a topic dedicated to you in the "Whats on your mind" section...
Good to see you back at it bro!


Party like a ROCK STAR!
tyroneterbruggen@gmail.com
082 813 6666

Offline nico

  • The original man (*)(*)
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 773
  • Cred: 47
  • Gender: Male
  • Click above for cred!
  • Location: Gibraltar
Re: hard day's fishing!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »
Nice one Whaler!
 
Those pics bring back memories for me, especially the Kaaimans. In my early twenties I spent many a weekend night in that area waiting for the elusive kob to bite between all the babers and sandhaaie.
 
One day I will do a road trip and visit all the spots again!
 
./n

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: hard day's fishing!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:17:39 PM »
great report Darius! Thos lighties of yours are growing too quickly!

Here's the condolences thread... http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,2039.0.html

Offline G!enn

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 211
  • Cred: 29
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: N.I
Re: hard day's fishing!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Great day out for you guy's ..  :sml:
'In The Eyes Of A Child You Will See..... The World As It Should Be.'

Offline strandloper

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 588
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: hard day's fishing!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 06:49:52 AM »
Good on You Whaler!

Wish I was back at the beach with my two!

Another few years and you have two perfect Ghillies!!!!
Num 6: 24 -26

Offline super_daav

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 855
  • Cred: 74
  • Gender: Male
  • Lower Zambezi 2009
  • Location: Durban, KZN
Re: hard day's fishing!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 08:35:30 AM »
Good going there Whaler!!! Nice to get the lighties into fishing at a young age!!
Kingfisher.co.za
Official Daiwa agent

Offline Sailor

  • Wan-to-fish
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 239
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: hard day's fishing!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
Darius well done!! Always good to see the kids having fun fishing.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal