Author Topic: Owner Rustop  (Read 2015 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DavePE

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 74
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Owner Rustop
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:51:56 PM »
Hi All,

I've recently replaced a large amount of treble hooks with expensive inline singles. I've found that they tarnish very easily if not cleaned and sprayed with a lubricant of some sort straight after use. I came across this product from Owner called Rustop. It's looks like you stick it on your hooks at it attracts all the rust instead of your hook. You can then peel it off and replace as needed. Wanted to know if anyone has used it before and what your thoughts on it are? Thanks.


Scroll to the bottom of the page to see it:

http://www.ownerhooks.com/products/accessories.htm

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Owner Rustop
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:00:34 PM »
Uses the sacrificial anode principle... looks VERY interesting... think I might try some of this stuff.

Offline DavePE

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 74
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: Owner Rustop
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 03:10:47 PM »
Hi Reefman,

It's got a $5 recommended retail price so I will willing to get a few to try out, unfortunately nobody stocks this in PE, and I can't see any online dealers with stock either. Please let me know if you manage to track some down up in Gauteng. Thanks.

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Owner Rustop
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
http://www.bigcatch.co.za/shop/hooks/hooks-owner-jobu-rust-stop-80-6pkt/

Ah shoot that looks like the whole hook they're selling. Looks like we might need to import ? :dunno:

Offline Cam Mundy

  • Offshore Spinning Enthusiast
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1178
  • Cred: 93
  • Gender: Male
  • Keep Casting!
  • Location: Papua New Gunea
Re: Owner Rustop
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
Actually works pretty well. I use it on my leatherman which has been rust free for about 2 years now. I tried it on my GT trebles for a while and it was fairly effective but came off over time so you do need to reapply it.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal