0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Bennie, how did this one suddenly pop back up. its 2 months old, and I never did a report here. I did one in the conservation section on onother site, and it ended up consuming me for a few weeks, with threats of me being sued, threatening phone calls etc. The report is I suck at fishing. The weather wasnt great and 1st day we got blown off the sea early. 2nd day worked hard for bait got a few and got to our marks to find it like durban pier with natal boats. They were all in The general area, and as a result we couldnt get onto our hot spots as they were like Blue A$$ flies. we got 1 30kg copper had to run t try to find some private fish. used over 100l of fuel doing so, and all we found was sharks (Andrew gerike caught them all from 100+m hahaha). we also found some huge mackrel out deep which replentished our well. we went back to the marks where all the boats were and tried a sectret spot and had 4 bites got 2 fish, 30 and mid 20's. then the flies were back and we spent the next hr trying to get ontot he mark for 1 drop. when we did the fish that had been all over the echo and were hungry had gone. I never sunk hooks into a fish all day. the 3 fish were caught by andrew and my boet. Myself and I were fishless. My daughter even told me when i returned I am harry the hacker. Not funny as she is only 3.next day the flies were still about, but we got 4 fish but had to run all over to avoid the guys. they were small fish from 12-20kgs. wE ONLY KEPT 1 OF ABOUT 24KGS. Again i was fishless, got bitten off by one and over fed another as they were skelm. we moved down about 1.5km and caught some huge carpenter and andrew caught a 10-12kg yellowbelly and a buster SW picked up and blew us home early. I was fishless all weekend. It sucked.
Actually never read this before. Is someone harassing you? Who??