Author Topic: Still some good people around - Good news story  (Read 3124 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Still some good people around - Good news story
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:12:15 PM »
I just want to give a shout-out to this venue.


I am involved with an NPO (The Caracter Company) teaching boys to fly fish, and I must admit that getting a venue to accommodate us in any way I have just heard from Emhlangeni that they will sponsor us for the fishing for the children as well as one of their lapa`s to use during the days we fish there. This is one venue I just want to pun as I have tried to get someone to discount fares as the children have no means of paying for day, this is really great, and a venue I will support, there are still some good people out there. Having fished here a few times I can say its one of the better stocked dams for me, as its a catch and release venue.



http://www.emhlangeni.co.za/
https://www.facebook.com/Emhlangeni?fref=ts


Also need to mention that Urban Fly Fishers sponsored a casting day for them all, that helped a great day to get the kids fishing.

Just spreading the good news, that there are still some good people around. 

There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Still some good people around - Good news story
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:53:29 PM »
 (clap) Lekker to read "A good story to tell"

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Still some good people around - Good news story
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:28:59 PM »
HI Charles


I just feel that at times we only focus on the negative, so sharing this, with this kind of service should put a smile on someone.
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Negedrie

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pietermarizburg KZN
Re: Still some good people around - Good news story
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 06:08:12 PM »
Hi Wynand 13 .Nice story ,are these underpriveleged kids and how many are you teaching ? :win:

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Still some good people around - Good news story
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »
HI Nededrie


Jaco From Caracter company really does a great job with them, its not going as quickly as I would like, due to time issues and trying to get all together at once, next one will be in Feb. Will keep you posted..



There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal