Author Topic: Bus Shad  (Read 5967 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline WJ

  • Team Blacktip
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 298
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: East Londen, Eastern Cape
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 08:25:15 AM »
Sorry to burst your bubble....that is not a "elf".....it is a thirteen....lol. Beaut of a fish :win:

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 08:37:07 AM »
I thought it was a Leerie  :dunno: ... is it not a Leerie? What is a 13?
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 08:42:03 AM »
I thought it was a Leerie  :dunno: ... is it not a Leerie? What is a 13?

ELF =11 bigger than 11? 12.... Even bigger? 13 :hyst:


Its been a long week Fishstyx

Offline WJ

  • Team Blacktip
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 298
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: East Londen, Eastern Cape
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 08:47:12 AM »
I thought it was a Leerie  :dunno: ... is it not a Leerie? What is a 13?

ELF =11 bigger than 11? 12.... Even bigger? 13 :hyst:


Its been a long week Fishstyx
Lol, you following now Fishstyx  :toppie:

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 08:47:27 AM »
I thought it was a Leerie  :dunno: ... is it not a Leerie? What is a 13?

ELF =11 bigger than 11? 12.... Even bigger? 13 :hyst:


Its been a long week Fishstyx


 duh ... I feel sooooooooo stooopeed



Edit: Had another look... hey, it's a Shad... a good shad... been a long week  :blush:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:52:57 AM by FishStyx »
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Peter Gordon

  • Value. 64 is a bit short on Proper Value
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg, Gauteng
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »
 :win: Well done on an awesome catch and very well done on the tag and release :cgrts: (clap)

Offline lebaka

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 860
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • i break bills
  • Location: boksburg
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 09:08:58 AM »
awesome awesome catch and  :+ cred: for the release
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

Offline hardfisher

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 69
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Live and let live
  • Location: Pinetown KZN
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 09:13:36 AM »
Well done on the catch and the release, that is the right thing to do.

I was fishing up the North Coast last weekend and also experienced the shad brigade, the shad were between 400-600mm in size. The parks park came, confiscated the fish, and when they left the slaughter continued. Makes one furious.

Offline Steenie

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 748
  • Cred: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Durban-based shore spinnerman
  • Location: Queensburgh, KZN
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 09:18:12 AM »
The shad poaching is relentless and disgust me!! I see this virtually every morning of late and have reported it to the anti-poaching hotline. But these poachers are aggressive and one is just looking for trouble if you confront them. I got another shad of 41 cm this morning and tagged it as well. My three taggings this weeks is sadly a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of shad that was killed this week! A very sad state of affairs!

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 09:48:43 AM »
I once caught a 6.5. My Elf was bitten in two by a Kob. The reason why I say it was a Kob is because we took what was left of the Elf and baited up with it and caught a Kob on the next cast. You win some and you loose some.  w;k

Offline KING-GT

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 126
  • Cred: 28
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Bus Shad
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »
Bus Shad! Well Done!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal