Author Topic: Need advice on new Spinning/Dropshot rod  (Read 9384 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Need advice on new Spinning/Dropshot rod
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 02:28:21 PM »
Hi Brian,
I see you are from PE. I personally see Spinning and Dropshot fishing as 2 different methods of Angling with Artificial
Lures.I see Spinning as 'Casing Spoons and Plugs' and so called Dropshot is Angling with Bucktails, Paddle Tails and
Soft Plastic lures, that is more finess fishing.I was taught by the PE Artificial  Anglers and I can tell you these guys are
masters in Bucktails, Paddle Tails  and Soft Plastic lure angling.
           
I learnt really quickly that an 11ft rod is too long to do angling with using Bucktails, Paddle Tails and Soft  Plastic lures, but a 9ft rod, 1oz-1.5oz with a softies tip, which allows a bit  more for the finess fishing, working the lure correctly on the bottom. With rods longer than 9ft it's not that easy to control the lure's action and to feel what it is your lures are doing at the bottom. Do yourself a favour and go  and speak to the Alcocks Brothers at Fish Africa in PE. They are masters in  this region. There are also very experienced Artificial Lure anglers in PE that  you can speak to and get good advice.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:15:27 PM by carll »

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal