Author Topic: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter  (Read 7709 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
« on: April 12, 2014, 05:55:52 AM »
These are two flies that I tied for Grunter.
One represent mud prawns and the other a pink or sand prawn.
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

Offline PH

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2492
  • Cred: 259
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pringle Bay
Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:15:11 AM »
Very neatly done!
I have not done fly fishing at all, but always wonder how you guys ensure that the sinking flies always land right-side up in the water. :dunno: Or is it not important?
We civilise left,  we civilise right
Till nothing is left and nothing is right
"Paint your wagon"

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »
Those are great looking fly's!!! (clap)
Reach for a bream!

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 12:48:26 PM »
Brilliant flies.  (clap)

How about a SBS on one of them ?

I'm really impressed.
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline jball7204

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 274
  • Cred: 38
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban North, KZN
Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 02:48:10 PM »
Wow, nice tying. Had any luck yet?
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »
Very neatly done!
I have not done fly fishing at all, but always wonder how you guys ensure that the sinking flies always land right-side up in the water. :dunno: Or is it not important?


Yes it is important especially with prawn and crab immitations. The dumbell or bead chains tied on the bottom of the hook shank helps in this case..


I will work on a SBS and post in a while.
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal