Author Topic: Dr Hook Lures  (Read 6306 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Royboy

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 303
  • Cred: 16
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Dr Hook Lures
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 06:12:10 PM »
Eish - thanks Telkom - got cut off

As I was saying...... Hilton is in the RED by almost $400K in the development process of these Twitch Baits, for what is becoming a top producing lure. Well now, I think we should all support Hilton. He is a SAFFA like the rest of us chirping here. Living in Australia. Don't support him for being a SAFFA - support him for the frikken AWESOME lures he has developed! If you wait for the Chinese copies....... ?

I would hope that anglers who take this for real..... will actually take this for real.

Cheers - RB

Offline Royboy

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 303
  • Cred: 16
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Dr Hook Lures
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 06:57:04 PM »
Cam Mundy is......... ummmmmm.... Right! 100% right!  Homie - go read buddy!!!!! LoL! You can be a Fly-guy and a fisherman at the same time..... you just have to go back to the basics.  You can do both, but have to modulate what you say....... and how you say it.  Lol - teasing ..... but equalisation is necessary! Yes - us jiggers & poppers are "neanderthals" - but we do have the means to catch fish..... quickly..... and release them..... quickly.

I am most stoked when I get a quality fish on my Thomas & Thomas 12wt...... but I'm not doing any favours for the fish. He's tired when I release him...... that is what worries me.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Dr Hook Lures
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 07:56:15 PM »
One thing I am learning the hard way is to go heavier on braid and leader...


You maybe loose 5 yards in distance but no cast offs.


I have 80lbs Saltiga braid on the Stella 14k and I have more than enough confidence to really bend the rod and make the 3oz lure fly...


On the Sustain 5K the 25lbs works great with 1.5oz lures and I really bend the rod now and get a spoon out way over 100m...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:28:36 PM by Gerhard »

Offline Royboy

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 303
  • Cred: 16
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Dr Hook Lures
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
All of us learn.

Go catch fish folks...... I'm overdue - Go...Go Go Go!!!!!!

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Dr Hook Lures
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
Great post Roy and Cam !  (clap)

Offline kp11

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 123
  • Cred: 5
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: germiston
Re: Dr Hook Lures
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »
When I was 20 bought a gold GTS spent R1000 on mags whole package cost R6300. Said I would never pay R10000 on a car. Check the exchange rate first time I went to the UK pound cost 80c. The rand is killing us and I must say some of the Jigstar kit is expensive but it is top quality and really lasts well.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Dr Hook Lures
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »
The water is still 18,5C at the moment with only mullet and a few needle scale queenfish around...


That did not prevent me to take the BH Nano 8ft popping rod for a spin.


The 130g Twitch bait was launched to see how it performs...





Going Going.... Gone!!





Another launch...





The Twitch bait swim just as well as his smaller brother and it cast well on the 8ft rod.


I can see once the queen fish are back playing with this setup and having a bit of "light tackle" fun... lol


The Twitch bait makes a huge splash on contact with the water and I like that... I have had a bunch of fish take other lures due to a big splash attracting them and hitting the lure hard and fast.


The Twitch bait has a nice wobble action while its sinking. I like this a lot as the bait is never without motion and the fish will surely hammer it...


Now its another 3 - 4 weeks for the warmer water from the Indian Ocean to push into the Arabian Gulf and bringing the game fish with it... 

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal