Author Topic: Eye Strain  (Read 7611 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Eye Strain
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:55:39 PM »
I picked up a box of size 24 hooks this morning, these are the first few flies that I've tied on them. After I tied the first one I dropped it on the floor and spent almost 5 minutes looking for it again. For comparison, the control caddis is a size 10 and the Zak is a size 14
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »
with a size 14 Zak
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:01 PM »
those tiny zaks with a strike indicator in the shallows of rivers in Rhodes in May caught me about 70 trout in 4 days (from 6-18inches)

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:02:46 PM »
Your fly just reminded me of something funny that happened some time ago.

When I got home from work I would often tie a fly whilst mommy was making supper, and so I tied this fly which I then brought through to the lounge when dinner was ready to show mommy. Then we had dinner, watched TV and went to bed forgeting the fly on the coffee table.

Next morning when I went throught the lounge to get to the Verandah to have my morning puff, I saw this nunu on my coffee table and killed it with a fly swatter.

Afterwards I realised that I had squashed my nice fly flat.

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
 :resp: Nice Andrew, hell 24 is tiny, like you say - eye strain!

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
 (clap) Jo Andrew.

Those things are small. I will have to start tying my flies when I am sober. :hehe:

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 09:23:46 AM »
Ja, being sober helps  w;k, now I'm on a mission to find some of those Tiemco #32
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 09:35:04 AM »
Ja, being sober helps  w;k, now I'm on a mission to find some of those Tiemco #32

32's!!! :craz: :craz:

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:10:36 AM »
Ja, being sober helps  w;k, now I'm on a mission to find some of those Tiemco #32
Try Mark Yellands shop in Sandton, I got them there before

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Eye Strain
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »
Try Mark Yellands shop in Sandton, I got them there before

cool, thanks. I think I'll stop in there tomorrow
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal