Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
Berkley Nanofil
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Berkley Nanofil (Read 4498 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Zeyn
Member
Posts: 12
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: mpumalanga Standerton
Berkley Nanofil
«
on:
October 17, 2013, 11:24:27 AM »
Hi guys, I need advice,I purchased 9kg nanofil,tried to attach to my reel using the knots on the package,after trying for a while I was really frustrated because this line was snapping really easy,finally I used a bemini twist to join my leader,loaded my stradic 5000 with close to 300mtr of line,tried casting a bullet spoon,it really casts a mile,I need advice will this knot hold if I manage to get into a good fish,and how big a fish do you think the 9kg nanofil will handle
Logged
REEFMAN
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 9766
Cred: 768
Gender:
Location: Jozi
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #1 on:
October 17, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
Zeyn...
Here's a thread that will cast some insight into using Nanofil...
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=8964.0
Good luck! You're going to need it!
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #2 on:
October 17, 2013, 11:55:40 AM »
Zeyn I am a Nano fan. I have pulled a 16kg barbel on this with the drag on full... what a fight.
Logged
Reach for a bream!
Corks
Member
Posts: 76
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: PMB
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #3 on:
October 17, 2013, 12:30:32 PM »
your in the right place if you looking for advice. when joining braid to leader I always use a bimini and an albright. Biggest thing that I find loads of people have leaders which are way to short. IMO you need at least 5 turn of mono into the spool, this way you can really load up when casting and the knots are not subjected to the initial force.
«
Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:43:56 PM by Corks
»
Logged
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Kumz
Retired
Posts: 0
Cred: 0
Gender:
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #4 on:
October 17, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »
Zeyn ....
Logged
Zeyn
Member
Posts: 12
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: mpumalanga Standerton
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #5 on:
October 17, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »
Guys,
Logged
Picastor
Member
Posts: 37
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #6 on:
October 31, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone have any long term usage feedback about the 20lb Nanofil? Is it as prone to fraying as the 12lb? Is it durable enough ( within reason) for extended use?
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #7 on:
November 01, 2013, 09:32:30 AM »
I've had mine for half a year and no issues yet.
Logged
Reach for a bream!
Picastor
Member
Posts: 37
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #8 on:
November 01, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »
Thanks Gavin.
Have my mind made up now on some 30lb Gosen for my Stradic but am looking at 20lb Nano for my Symetre. What set up are you using the 20lb Nanofil with?
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #9 on:
November 01, 2013, 10:37:23 AM »
Im using a Sahara 4000 and an 8ft Vengence and a 10ft Nexave.
Logged
Reach for a bream!
Picastor
Member
Posts: 37
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #10 on:
November 01, 2013, 10:52:07 AM »
Great...I have a Symetre 4000FL paired with a 9ft Loomis Platinum.
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #11 on:
November 01, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »
Nice setup!!!
Logged
Reach for a bream!
Rods
R.I.P. our good friend
Ultimate Legend
Posts: 469
Cred: 39
Location: Empangeni; KZN
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #12 on:
November 01, 2013, 11:08:48 AM »
Also have mine on a Symetre 4000 paired with a 9ft Fenwick GT XXH. So far so good. Not that I have pulled anything memorable with it. Have it almost a year now and still going strong (Not that I'm fishing that much even though the sea is abt 25kms away
)
Logged
Picastor
Member
Posts: 37
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #13 on:
November 01, 2013, 11:10:34 AM »
Must say the new Symetre FL is awesome...silky smooth thanks to X Ship...cannot wait to break it in Dec.
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #14 on:
November 01, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »
25km? try 600km hahaha
Logged
Reach for a bream!
Rods
R.I.P. our good friend
Ultimate Legend
Posts: 469
Cred: 39
Location: Empangeni; KZN
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #15 on:
November 01, 2013, 11:33:21 AM »
I know Gavin. Thats what makes it so sad. I fish even less than the Jozi boys. If it wasnt for the 2 school trips, where I was "forced" to go (haha), I wouldnt have done any fishing at this point
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Berkley Nanofil
«
Reply #16 on:
November 01, 2013, 12:04:19 PM »
Shame I feel for you man that does suck!!!
Logged
Reach for a bream!
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
Berkley Nanofil
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal