Author Topic: Her introduction...  (Read 4917 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Her introduction...
« on: August 11, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »
Well,


This long weekend of the 9th of August was again marked by a strong cold front rumbling trough the country...


I promised my daughter I will take her fly fishing and what better way to spend some dad and daughter time together before I go away...


When we departed Pretoria on Friday morning it was cold and raining and so it was most of the way to Machadodorp...


Around 14:00 the weather cleared up a bit with no more rain and thunder around.


I took her to the dam and it was not too long before I am in and as soon as I have all the line on the reel handed the rod to her and steped back to take a few photos with the IPhone...





Then I had to jump with the landing net...


Not a bad start





Then a bit later again...


With a beauty cock trout





I was then allowed to catch 2 trout while she learns how to handle the landing net. Team work... w;k


And managed this nice hen





The next fish was another cock trout...


He was weired looking getting injured when he was younger on his upper jaw..










Early yesterday morning everything was covered in thick mist with a cold wind I sneaked out for a couple of casts and the red eyedamsel produced once again..







We visited Elandskloof yesterday afternoon and I managed another two trout with my daughter landing the 1st and on the 2nd working the landing net...


This morning the sun was out and it was an awesome morning and we went for a walk before heading back home...





What a special weekend ... :happ:


Offline Happy Dog

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 596
  • Cred: 78
  • Gender: Male
  • It is called Fishing and not catching
  • Location: Kloof KZN
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »
 (clap)  And  :+ cred:  for taking her fishing always fun when kids go fishing.

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »
Very nice Gerhard, well done - happy for you and always great to see father and child enjoying themselves, spend quality time and teaching such a passionate hobby!
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »
Excellent Gerhard! Great report... heartwarming stuff bru!  (clap)

Offline Big B

  • Barry
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 760
  • Cred: 20
  • Gender: Male
  • I am a fish-a-holic!
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 08:14:54 PM »
Lekker Gerhard, great om sulke tyd saam met jou dogter te kan spandeer, en hulle onthou dit vir altyd.

 :+ cred:
Lets go FISHING!

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 06:03:10 AM »
Thanks guys,


Yea time is running out before I am flying to Saudi so need to spent as much time with her as possible ...

Offline krissi

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 789
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Underberg, KZN
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 07:04:41 AM »
That is so awesome Gerhad and some lovely trout - she will treasure that time with you  (clap)

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 07:38:16 AM »
Nice one Gerhard  (clap)

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 07:41:12 AM »
 (clap) Fantastic....  :win:

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 07:42:01 AM »
That is awesome to see. getting kids to fish and stay off cell phones and Playstations and to enjoy life.


 :+ cred:
Brian
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

Offline Chigger

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 547
  • Cred: 26
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 07:48:39 AM »
 :cgrts: (clap)

Offline Debbie

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 540
  • Cred: 55
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Durban
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »
Nice one  (clap) (clap)  :win:

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
Great stuff Gerhad !!!
Some really great fish as well

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 05:04:15 PM »
thanks once again for the kind words

Offline CLS

  • Born to fish forced to work.
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1700
  • Cred: 114
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban - KZN
Re: Her introduction...
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 07:30:29 PM »
 (clap) fantastic , they grow up so fast these days.
A bad days fishing is better than sitting at home moping.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal