Author Topic: Do I have enough trout flies?  (Read 9446 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Do I have enough trout flies?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 09:39:59 AM »
Now for the truth...
you may have many flies, but it is seldom that you have the "right" fly!
thats why you must carry as many as possible?

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Do I have enough trout flies?
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
Nice!! This is good inspiration to get tying, all my boxes are seriously depleted!  :blush:
 

of all those flies - I have tied maybe about 100 or so. The rest is what I have been collecting over the years (some are over 20 years old0 - but no rust. I also wade the rivers, but manage to keep flies dry somehow

Ziggy, Herman doesn't wade between fishing spots on the river, he perfected the "downstream immersion drift relocation technique".  :craz:  Its pretty neat in summer, but definately not a system to apply in winter!  :rotfl

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Do I have enough trout flies?
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
.....more commonly known to the rest of us as the "Vaal Shuffle"  :rotfl

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Do I have enough trout flies?
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 10:50:24 AM »
.....more commonly known to the rest of us as the "Vaal Shuffle"  :rotfl

Extremely pain full , especially on your ego …..

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Do I have enough trout flies?
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 12:15:08 PM »
.....more commonly known to the rest of us as the "Vaal Shuffle"  :rotfl
I dont know the "Vaal Shuffle" - but I certainly am familiar with the "Umzimkulu Tumble"

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Do I have enough trout flies?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »
Looks like you've covered the whole spectrum there.
Now you need to triple that amount with different colors and smaller sizes.

 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:52:40 AM by briansflyfishing »
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

Offline Seventenths

  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1454
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Treat people the way you would like to be treated!
  • Location: Agulhas/DRC
Re: Do I have enough trout flies?
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »
Do you have a pulse? do you have the urge to buy more? if the answer to either of these is yes then the answer is no.... there is a confession list on the Tackle addiction thread.. feel free to post on your problem there..... :hnthnt:

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal