Author Topic: 2-5 Oz spinning rod  (Read 14808 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: 2-5 Oz spinning rod
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 08:07:41 AM »
bY THE WAY... I forgot about the Shimano Bullseye XT... !!!
Also long cast spool, but high spec reel... apparently fabulous! Expensive though at about R5K.

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: 2-5 Oz spinning rod
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 08:07:53 AM »
For what does the Sustain or Twin power retails for


 dont know about about the twin power , sustains depends where you shop rangeing from 1700 too 2000
I own both of them sustain and stradics both are super reels , and I have caught loads of tail and longies offshore with them . all of them loaded with powerpro 30lbs and or 20 freline !
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline kingslide

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 174
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Cape
Re: 2-5 Oz spinning rod
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »
Thanks!!!

Offline Dewald Posthumus

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 182
  • Cred: 8
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Benoni
Re: 2-5 Oz spinning rod
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:06 AM »
Got the Aerocast and Stradic delivered yesterday, filled the spool with 270 meters 0.15mm nanofil and around 100meters 20lb Sufix braid as backing.
 
I made one mistake though.....I spooled the nanofil on first then the sufix on top of that, so I had to reverse the process to get the nanofil on top again (only had one spool). I had to remove the spool off the reel to align the way the line leaves the reel and onto the spare reel, and.....dropped the f%$$^^%ing spool on the ground!  swr It scuffed the one edge of the spool (on top where the line will pass when I cast), can I take some 800 grit sand paper to smooth it out again? What do I do?

Offline kingslide

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 174
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Cape
Re: 2-5 Oz spinning rod
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
I know that is not a lekker feeling Dewald...
 
What made you choose the Stradic?

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: 2-5 Oz spinning rod
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 09:01:59 AM »
Dewald, is Deon your brother?

Offline Dewald Posthumus

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 182
  • Cred: 8
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Benoni
Re: 2-5 Oz spinning rod
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 09:04:20 AM »
Yes he is, I dit now want to get advice for non-members..

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal