Author Topic: Fenwick 9ft Extra Heavy Spinning rod  (Read 2205 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rods

  • R.I.P. our good friend
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 469
  • Cred: 39
  • Location: Empangeni; KZN
Fenwick 9ft Extra Heavy Spinning rod
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »
Howzit guys.  Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this rod or the brand on the whole.  I know that they make top notch fly rods but any other info would help. I especially like the fact that it has nice big guides. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:26:32 PM by Rods »

Offline pieta

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 673
  • Cred: 21
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing for the fun of it
  • Location: Bethlehem
Re: Fenwick 9ft Extra Heavy Spinning rod
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:23:07 AM »
It has been many years since I have seen any fenwick blanks or rods. The fly rods were of the best back in the days. Had a surf blank in the early '90s. It was very soft and did not fish it for long. Replaced it with a Purglass 400/3 and never looked back.

Offline Rods

  • R.I.P. our good friend
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 469
  • Cred: 39
  • Location: Empangeni; KZN
Re: Fenwick 9ft Extra Heavy Spinning rod
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »
Thanks Pieta.  I did bend it to check its backbone and it does seem to be nice and stiff for its application.  Had a very similar bend to the berkeley Air.  Better choice but more bucks unfortunately

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal