Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
Fly fishing
»
Sterkies December 2011
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Sterkies December 2011 (Read 2790 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
schloshd1
Member
Posts: 278
Cred: 31
Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Sterkies December 2011
«
on:
December 31, 2011, 01:41:03 PM »
Just got back from a few days at Sterkies. I had 1 day fishing from a boat and 3 days on foot, parking at the short wall and walking (and walking and walking . . . ) the banks. The weather and wind was mostly cooperative and I managed to get at least a few fish every day, probably around 30 for the entire trip. I fished dries only and the best producing flies by far were Doctor's Beetles although I also got a few fish on ants, black klinkies, EHKs and airheads.
Here are a few random snaps, including a few pics of what is hands down the most beautiful yellow that I have ever seen, with great black markings on it.
Logged
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks
Herman Jooste
Senior Member
Posts: 682
Cred: 58
Gender:
Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Sterkies December 2011
«
Reply #1 on:
December 31, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »
Nice report back Andrew.
Great pics as always.
Some time next year, sometime, I will be back at Sterkies. It has to be the ULTIMATE ( pun intended )
dry fly for yellows venue in South Africa.
Logged
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Sterkies December 2011
«
Reply #2 on:
January 01, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »
Superb stuff and amazing pics what a beautiful Yellow
Logged
Rory
Ultimate member
Posts: 1270
Cred: 175
Gender:
Re: Sterkies December 2011
«
Reply #3 on:
January 01, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
Super report and nice fish Andrew! The water clarity is unbelievable
Logged
schloshd1
Member
Posts: 278
Cred: 31
Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Sterkies December 2011
«
Reply #4 on:
January 01, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
Thanks guys! Sterkies is truly magic venue and as Rory mentioned, the water clarity is magnificent and sight fishing is the norm. The fish are spooky and can be challenging to catch with makes it even more fun. It is somewhere that I definitely want to fish more.
Logged
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
Fly fishing
»
Sterkies December 2011
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal