Author Topic: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?  (Read 6250 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« on: September 30, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
So I have been to Anglers Den and Mias Woodmead and they dont have any Salty Buggers  <: I need to get some before Vidal, as this will be the only fly I will be using! Anyone know where I can get some? Or if anyone has any spares I will gladly purchase them from you...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:54:33 PM by WalkersKiller »

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
I saw Salty buggers at Mias woodmead on Sat !

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 02:50:32 PM »
I saw Salty buggers at Mias woodmead on Sat !

Liar Liar you trousers are ablaze  :crzy
 

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
I saw Salty buggers at Mias woodmead on Sat !
Ive seen a couple there 2 but they are normally browsing through the jigs and poppers...

Im looking for the fly  w;k
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:54:01 PM by WalkersKiller »

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 02:56:47 PM »
W.K. have you seen the kirk salty damsel ?

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »
W.K. have you seen the kirk salty damsel ?
No  :dunno:

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:12:55 PM »
W.K. have you seen the kirk salty damsel ?

 :hehe: ..I heard Rory & Kirk made that Damsel ???  :clwn

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
W.K. have you seen the kirk salty damsel ?
No  :dunno:

Will bring you one to the social  :hyst:

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 03:36:01 PM »
So I have been to Anglers Den and Mias Woodmead and they dont have any Salty Buggers  <: I need to get some before Vidal, as this will be the only fly I will be using! Anyone know where I can get some? Or if anyone has any spares I will gladly purchase them from you...

Phone a few of the specialist fly shops, at least one of them should have. It should save you a lot of driving around. I would start with Fly Fishers Unlimited.
If you dont have any luck then I will tie some up for you.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:36:55 PM by schloshd1 »
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 03:38:23 PM »
So I have been to Anglers Den and Mias Woodmead and they dont have any Salty Buggers  <: I need to get some before Vidal, as this will be the only fly I will be using! Anyone know where I can get some? Or if anyone has any spares I will gladly purchase them from you...

Phone a few of the specialist fly shops, at least one of them should have. It should save you a lot of driving around. I would start with Fly Fishers Unlimited.
If you dont have any luck then I will tie some up for you.
Thanks much appreciated!!!  :udman:

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »
So I have been to Anglers Den and Mias Woodmead and they dont have any Salty Buggers  <: I need to get some before Vidal, as this will be the only fly I will be using! Anyone know where I can get some? Or if anyone has any spares I will gladly purchase them from you...

Phone a few of the specialist fly shops, at least one of them should have. It should save you a lot of driving around. I would start with Fly Fishers Unlimited.
If you dont have any luck then I will tie some up for you.


Thanks much appreciated!!!  :udman:


no problem
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:42:10 PM by schloshd1 »
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »
What size and colours ?


I could help ?
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »
So I have been to Anglers Den and Mias Woodmead and they dont have any Salty Buggers  <: I need to get some before Vidal, as this will be the only fly I will be using! Anyone know where I can get some? Or if anyone has any spares I will gladly purchase them from you...
Make your own, such an easy fly to make, just remember that an authentic salty bugger has a tungsten bead head.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 08:52:14 AM »
Thanks Lenny, but I found some...

@ FA if you saw my fly tying skills or the attempt at tying flies you would laugh and I think the fish would as well!

Offline PH

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2492
  • Cred: 259
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pringle Bay
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 08:56:32 AM »
WK, If you post a pic of what they look like, I can also check in Dbn for you.
We civilise left,  we civilise right
Till nothing is left and nothing is right
"Paint your wagon"

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Salty Buggers... Where Can I Buy Some?
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »
WK, If you post a pic of what they look like, I can also check in Dbn for you.
Thanks Pierre but I am sorted  :-)

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal