Author Topic: Rod to go with me Shimano Ultegra 14000  (Read 15670 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Nemesis.

  • The Karou Charou
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 182
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mandeni _ KZN Northcoast
Re: Rod to go with me Shimano Ultegra 14000
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »
Yep it would, the rod is 14ft, and it's quite soft, so it would be fine
Thank you.

Would the 6-7oz tip be okay fore edibles?
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Offline JonoPE

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Cred: 0
  • Location: Blue Horizon Bay Port Elizabeth
Re: Rod to go with me Shimano Ultegra 14000
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
Thank you Nemesis.

What size guides should I go for? Do I need to do anything to the blank? I want to keep the reel seat low(where it is now)

Sorry for all the questions

Offline Nemesis.

  • The Karou Charou
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 182
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mandeni _ KZN Northcoast
Re: Rod to go with me Shimano Ultegra 14000
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »
Hey Boet, no problem, always a pleasure to help, you will start with the usual flip up guide, there after size 30,25,20 and down to 16's guides  and don't forget your bionic finger
Thank you Nemesis.

What size guides should I go for? Do I need to do anything to the blank? I want to keep the reel seat low(where it is now)

Sorry for all the questions
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:41:04 AM by Nemesis. »
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Offline Nemesis.

  • The Karou Charou
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 182
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mandeni _ KZN Northcoast
Re: Rod to go with me Shimano Ultegra 14000
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
Oh yes and you would have to get the rod stripped to the bare, as they would have to respine the rod, therefore you will to put a new winch and but section in
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Offline JonoPE

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Cred: 0
  • Location: Blue Horizon Bay Port Elizabeth
Re: Rod to go with me Shimano Ultegra 14000
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
I'm gona try and get the rod done in PE but if I don't come rite here, who can I try for the conversion?

Any specific guides to look out for?

Offline Nemesis.

  • The Karou Charou
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 182
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mandeni _ KZN Northcoast
Re: Rod to go with me Shimano Ultegra 14000
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 02:36:26 PM »
Jono i use two types of guides on my rod, the flip up has a Zirconium insert, this reduces friction in a cast, there after i have regular Fuji guides, the one's with the Grey inserts. I've heard that the Fuji low rider guides work the best with braid and give you a few meters more in a cast, but i haven't tried them, so i can't comment. Gremlins in Margate are the best when it comes to full customization.Give them a call bud
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:42:11 PM by Nemesis. »
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal