Hi there to UA,'s,
Trust everyone is nice & warm & that some members are having fun on the South Coast at the annual Sardine run, I so wish I could be there, but soon soon.
A look at the daily reports it seems to be a bumper season with plenty action & sards being netted.
I am actually looking for a Penn 506HS reel, in whatever condition, however the aluminum spool should be in a good & usable condition.
I was told that the Models 505 & 506 spool shafts with the added bearings was not a sound decision, hence the short life span of both models in the factory.
I have heard & read up on some articles wrt these 2 models, & seemingly they were not very popular if used to catch & land big fish.
But each to his own I suppose.
Am also looking for the solid bars used in the Model 501 & 506 if any available.
And to ALL those Penn collectors, enthusiast & "die-hards" out there, & also with Penn 501's, 506's , please let me know if you have spares lying around up for sale ?
There are a few collectors around, & who knows what they still looking for, it's always worth a try.
Pse drop me a PM if you have one of those 501/505/506' & spares up for grabs.
Thankyou.