Author Topic: Salt.Rock Spinning  (Read 3297 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline buildershane

  • Builder Shane
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 36
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pietermaritzburg
Salt.Rock Spinning
« on: February 20, 2020, 06:42:39 AM »
Hi guys. I am going to be in Salt Rock this weekend. I am staying bout 500m north of the hotel. I am going to use the opportunity to do some early morning spinning. Any recommendations on good spots ? I had a look on google maps and was thinking of casting off the tidal pool in front of the hotel. I see there is also a point about 1.5km North, but that will be quiet a walk. Thanks in advance :cout:

Offline fishatic

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 500
  • Cred: 14
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg
Re: Salt.Rock Spinning
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 08:03:07 AM »
Off the tidal pool an be good.

If you are 500m north of the hotel, about 300m north is a little tidal pool called Granny's pool; from there is a 300m stretch that can fish well in the morning.

If you look up at the beach houses, you will see three thatch rondavels; there is scattered reef which can attract smaller kingies, cave bass, Black tail and shad. 

Caught a very nice wrasse on soft plastic and some nice juvenile GT's to around 3.5kg.
I have seen small groups of Springer patrolling the inshore area. Also likely to find Wave Garrick. I've had best luck on a dropping tide.
A quick drive north is Red Rocks, also good.

Offline buildershane

  • Builder Shane
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 36
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pietermaritzburg
Re: Salt.Rock Spinning
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 06:26:09 AM »
Thanks for the advice Fishatic! I will definitely give that area a try and will let you know if i have any luck!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal