Hi Guys whats the story with access here .
I hear you can, I hear you can . I see people on the pier all the time .
Do I need a permit ?
If possible how do you even access the pier .
thanks
south pier access in Richards bay
yes ,you need a special transnet permit to enter the port and a key to get to south pier gate
unfortunately you have missed the annual draw, ,it was held late November i think in rbay at a church hall - it was advertised in the local newspaper
the draw usually takes places early in the morning , where you put your name in the box and the south pier committee randomly pick out 100 names
a pensioner or a person older than 60 can get a south pier permit anytime
(I think its free for pensioners, cant remember)
the permit is only valid for 1 year only
I used to have a permit for south pier up until 4 years ago ,I stopped rock and surf fishing ,i only fish deepsea now