Author Topic: Knysna lagoon  (Read 2035 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Spoedvraat

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jeffreys Bay
Knysna lagoon
« on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:38 PM »
Hi guys,

So I'm new on here....got referred by someone.

Anybody know where to throw artificials in Knysna lagoon and what's coming out now?

Passing through there on Friday morning.....

Thanks in advance

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna lagoon
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »
 :welc: At the moment fishing with artificials are not very productive because the Kob and Garrick have moved further East and will only return in Spring. I have heard rumours that there are still a couple of Garrick around but I can't confirm it. Below is a link to an article that will give you some more information on the lagoon.

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=4707.0

Offline RobinF

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 549
  • Cred: 85
  • Gender: Male
  • We release everything.
Re: Knysna lagoon
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 02:43:19 PM »
If you are only passing through, and you want to throw lures, the train bridge area is the best bet. Safish has some good info as he pointed out, but given that you may only be there for a few hours, I would throw at the train bridge area. Weather and water temp are all going to be a factor, but you never know...give it s go!

Offline TADONTA

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: DURBAN
Re: Knysna lagoon
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »
Thanks for all the input. I will advise on how it went on our return.

sz80d8

  • Guest
Re: Knysna lagoon
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
Hi, Did you catch anything on artificial lures at the train bridge? I am wanting to also try the train bridge this weekend despite the weather.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal