Author Topic: SPINNING IN PLETTENBERG BAY  (Read 2939 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PatrickH

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 116
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Be the difference you want to see
  • Location: Cape Town Western Cape
SPINNING IN PLETTENBERG BAY
« on: December 08, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
Hi Guys,
I am in Plett till 16 Dec and need some advice re spinning for elf and leeries.
I   have tried the rocks on both sides of Beacon Isle as well as the mouth   of the lagoon with no success.Have used white, pink and green   chistlenose plugs, blue and pink onda onda's,pink and green bucktail   jigs,standard silver spoons as well as red iron candy lures.The water   has been quite cold but the locals tell me that with the easterly wind,   it should warm up.I normally fish between 6-8 in the morning or 5-7 in   the evening (Family permitting)
I would appreciate any tips or comments

Regards

Paddy  :)

Offline pieta

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 673
  • Cred: 21
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing for the fun of it
  • Location: Bethlehem
Re: SPINNING IN PLETTENBERG BAY
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:42:13 PM »
I don't know Plet very well but have a look around and try and find some mullets. If you can find them and odserve them you will be able to see if the leeries are in the erea. You will see them chase around the deeper dropoffs. I know the leeries is coming out on Gamtoos at the moment but that is abut to far for you. You should find them close to the mouth on the surf or in the river. Hope you catch some.

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: SPINNING IN PLETTENBERG BAY
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »
Hi Guys,
I am in Plett till 16 Dec and need some advice re spinning for elf and leeries.
I   have tried the rocks on both sides of Beacon Isle as well as the mouth   of the lagoon with no success.Have used white, pink and green   chistlenose plugs, blue and pink onda onda's,pink and green bucktail   jigs,standard silver spoons as well as red iron candy lures.The water   has been quite cold but the locals tell me that with the easterly wind,   it should warm up.I normally fish between 6-8 in the morning or 5-7 in   the evening (Family permitting)
I would appreciate any tips or comments

Regards

Paddy  :)


If you can you should take the Walk to Robberg , theres giant Leeries there from time to time .
also try to slow down your retrieve of your lures  , the most common mistake guys make it to reel them in too fast , even more so in the colder areas like the Garden route.
Theres plenty of light tackel leerie fishing in all the rivers around you , Bass tackle will 100% and you might even hook a bigger one , as the ones in the rivers are generally smaller than you get in the Surf , the Keurbooms and Bitou rivers are nice to fish .


Good luck
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline PatrickH

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 116
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Be the difference you want to see
  • Location: Cape Town Western Cape
Re: SPINNING IN PLETTENBERG BAY
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 07:24:18 PM »
Thanks guys,

Will give it a go at sunrise tomorrow.

Just saw a guy with a huge Steenie on the beach at Beacon Isle

Regards

Paddy
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:25:50 PM by homehazell »

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal